Travel Bug Burials

Bit Bucket

I have a few goners that I'd like to get off my inventory as they are long gone. The cache mentioned at the top of the TB forum is locked. I couldn't find any burial sites but have run across them in the past. There is one in France and one in Finland but I was hoping for something off the coast of Southern California in particular.

I suppose worst case, I can pick a virtual cache and try to drop them there (if allowed).

Any thoughts folks?

Mike, Winthrop, WA USA

Just mark them missing. There is a drop down menu on the page, under logging options, choose 'Mark As Missing', then click on 'agree'. After a period of time, you can always release a copy, but be sure it is really missing. Only one item can travel per tracking number, so if it ever reappears, and you sent out the copy, try to call one of them home.

The TB graveyard caches used to be necessary, because you couldn't just mark the TB as missing. Now they are no longer needed because trackable owners (and owners of a cache in which a trackable is listed) can mark TBs as missing -- it's in the little drop down menu box on the right side of the trackable's page.

As EXMAN states, you can always reuse a trackable number if you want -- as the owner you still have access to it on the trackable page. Just log the trackable as "grabbed" from another location, put the code on something, and send it back out there.