TB Hotel MIAs

chimps8mybaby

From the cache page, in the trackable window, click the link that says, "View Past Trackables". At the top of the next page will be a number that says "Total Records" This would be the number of trackabels that have passed through the cache. You would then need to scroll through all the pages of trackables to see how many trackabels have been marked missing (they'll have a question mark associated in the location column).

If you are talking about The Cache called Wile E. Coyote (Travel Bug Hotel) that is listed as being disabled in your profile, I did a quick check. The cache has 97 trackables recorded as passing through it. 17 of those have been marked missing. That's a rate of about 17.5% That does not necesarily mean that they went missing from that cache, only that at some point after being placed in your cache they have been marked missing by another Cache Owner or the owner of the bugs themsleves. You would have to go to the individual bugs in question to find out where they went missing from...

I looked them up and 12 have gone missing from it so that makes it 12.37%. That doesn't seem acceptable to me.

1- i agree that 12% is too much

2- thanks for caring about the rediculous number of trackables that go missing and for attempting to be a part of the solution.

3- another stat to think about is, how many of the missing trackables were geocoins.

though i'm not sure it really matters. missing coins really bug me. i can't believe people

still put them out. it's like throwing money out the window.

4 i'd relocate the cache.

While you are doing your research, time might be another factor to consider. Did bugs start disappearing from that cache regularly after a certain date? Then maybe a thief is monitoring that cache. Unfortunately, if there is a thief in the area, they may be monitoring all the caches in the area and scooping up TBs and/or geocoins.

You also need to consider that the list of travel bugs for that cache also include ones that were just "dipped" using the Visited option, so that number does not reflect very well at all the percentage that have actually gone missing directly from that cache, but the percentage that have gone missing that have so much as even been in the backpack of the person who signed the log, and then marked all the bugs in his/her inventory as "visited".

Edited by CedarPointFreak