Web site slooooow?

res2100

Yea I posted about this in another forum. I had to log one cache three times because it would accept my log and kick me back to the "My Cache" page. I would go to the cahe page and nothing would be there icon_frown.gif

Oh well tis to be expected sometimes. I could only imagine how many people are browsing the site from all over the world at any given time. Not to mention I bet at least 75% or more are non-paying users icon_wink.gif

Kar

TEAM SHIBBY!!!!

Krs, Kar & Na

All the more reason to use Watcher and the Pocket Query Generator along with Watcher and GPX Spinner. The site works very fast when you are offline.

One thing I would like to see is the ability to bring up a mapquest map from Watcher.

-beatnik-

quote:
All the more reason to use Watcher and the Pocket Query Generator along with Watcher and GPX Spinner. The site works very fast when you are offline.

True, but they don't help in the least when you are logging a find or browsing the forums. This is when I feel the lag the most. I have no problems looking for caches and I dont mind the occasional slowdown on the forums, but when logging a cache, the bandwith needs to be there.

Kar

quote:
Originally posted by Team Shibby:

True, but they don't help in the least when you are logging a find or browsing the forums. This is when I feel the lag the most. I have no problems looking for caches and I dont mind the occasional slowdown on the forums, but when logging a cache, the bandwith needs to be there.

I agree, but at the same time I know no less than 5-10 "members" who don't take advantage of the GPX files. The more who are offline, the more room for us to log. Granted Sundays are going to continue to be a draw on the servers.

I also try to log later at night or on Mondays or Tuesdays when it's slower. It would be nice to have a dedicated logging server to paying customers. Or even a way to log your finds in bulk offline and send them overnight while you sleep. Anyone remember the old Blue Wave offline message program in the BBS days? Something like that.

Of course we don't know what is going to happen with the "new" site. It may eliminate some of the current bottle neck. Let's hope anyway.

-beatnik-