I need search help

jjome

I like cemetery caches. There is a great list of Wisconsin cemetery caches. Almost all of them have WSQ in the name. I would like to do a search using WSQ as the keyword and have it sort by distance from my home. When I use WSQ as the keyword I get no results.

Is it possible for me to do this search? Is it possible to sort the list for distance from my home?

Thank you! That is a big help! My only other problem is that I would like to be able to sort that for distance from my home.

I have made a pocket query and loaded it to my receiver. So I can see it by distance on there, however I would like to be able to view it by distance on the computer so that I can most easily go through the list and look at details of each cache. It seems there is no way to sort/search by both distance and keyword on the site. I guess it's not a combination that many people would use. Seems the only way to really do it is to sit with my receiver and plug the GC code in to my computer one by one and take notes of the ones I want to try to hit some day.

Thanks so much for your tip!

Sounds like you need GSAK!

It allows you to search caches in a multitude of ways :) It's $30 well worth it....you can give it a go for free for a month or so :)

21 days, then you get a 'Nag screen' but it's still fully functional.

Someone did suggest a way with Google, that will search Geocaching.com, and could even restrict the search to a county/state... Can I find the link... :unsure: Nope!

Thank you! That is a big help! My only other problem is that I would like to be able to sort that for distance from my home.

I have made a pocket query and loaded it to my receiver. So I can see it by distance on there, however I would like to be able to view it by distance on the computer so that I can most easily go through the list and look at details of each cache. It seems there is no way to sort/search by both distance and keyword on the site. I guess it's not a combination that many people would use. Seems the only way to really do it is to sit with my receiver and plug the GC code in to my computer one by one and take notes of the ones I want to try to hit some day.

Thanks so much for your tip!

Just downloaded GSAK, unfortunately it doesn't work with eTrex 20 yet. Not a problem actually. The thing I really want to do right now is get that cemetery list by distance. Thank you.

The pocket query preview should, by default, be sorted by distance. (And if you wanted to find the caches furthest away from you, you could click the little compass symbol above the second column.) Likewise, regular location based search results should by default be sorted by distance from the location, but the only way to combine two (or more) searches like you wanted is via pocket query.