Spoilers

k7pyd

What is a spoiler? I know what the name implies.What us ment when it says spoilers have been seen in the area. Is it legal to post false information? I think the degree of dificulty should also be posted by the finder.I am not a mountain clumber. icon_confused.gif

To answer your other question, I'm guessing that you found the posted terrain ratings on your first few caches to be different from your experience. There has been much debate about whether finders should be able to rate the caches as well as the hiders. Unless and until that feature is implemented, you should feel free to post your own opinions as part of your log. ("Wow! I sure had to climb a lot of hills for a cache with a terrain rating of 1")

Also, the terrain and difficulty ratings will vary among regions and by the hider. A terrain rating of 2.5 in the desert will mean something very different than a 2.5 in a suburban park. Everyone kind of adjusts to their own regional scales. Ideally, all hiders would pay attention to the official rating system (at least as a suggested guideline) but that doesn't happen. There are tons of 1/1 caches that aren't wheelchair accessible as stated in the rating system.

I just think it's great that you are getting out and finding caches! I hope to be going just as strong when I'm a bit more "seasoned." Have fun.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.