I phone help

Glynis Purland

Can anybody please help. In June I downloaded the iPhone app. It worked perfectly up to this morning. Now whatever I type in it says "No geocaches found". I have tried all 3 categories, caches I know are there- still same reply. I went to my 'saved' to look forr 'caches nearby' and was given the message"no network ". I don't understand what has happened. Please could someone help, we are off to Leyland on Sunday and were hoping to have a good afternoons hunting!

Can anybody please help. In June I downloaded the iPhone app. It worked perfectly up to this morning. Now whatever I type in it says "No geocaches found". I have tried all 3 categories, caches I know are there- still same reply. I went to my 'saved' to look forr 'caches nearby' and was given the message"no network ". I don't understand what has happened. Please could someone help, we are off to Leyland on Sunday and were hoping to have a good afternoons hunting!

I have had that happen on occasion. It seems to be that at some point there were network issues so the app/phone decided that it would try to continue without using the internet. I found that if I completely closed the app things started working again. To completely close the app with iOS 4…1) hit the home button twice quickly, 2) press and hold one of the icons at the bottom that represent processes running, 3) After the icons get the minus sign and start wiggling, scan through and find the geocaching app and pick it for closing, 4) Press the home button once, 5) Click in the screen, 6) Navigate to the geocaching app icon and try again.

I have had that happen on occasion. It seems to be that at some point there were network issues so the app/phone decided that it would try to continue without using the internet. I found that if I completely closed the app things started working again. To completely close the app with iOS 4…1) hit the home button twice quickly, 2) press and hold one of the icons at the bottom that represent processes running, 3) After the icons get the minus sign and start wiggling, scan through and find the geocaching app and pick it for closing, 4) Press the home button once, 5) Click in the screen, 6) Navigate to the geocaching app icon and try again.

I just had this happen to me. In fact there is another thread somewhere here where I was asking for help. I finally spoke to the people at Apple who helped me with my problem. I hooked the phone up to the computer and downloaded the lastest ITunes . Through this I was able to backup all the data on my phone and update the I phone. Then after this I re loaded all my data to the phone. Once I had everything back on line and working like it was suppose to , I was able to install the newer version of the geocaching apps. I have some questions about the new apps but hope to find a website for those.

It took about an hour all together because after 16 months I had never updated or backed up my phone.

Is your version of the app prior to 4.5? I think at 4.5 they switched to the new API and in another post Moun10bike pointed out that they had to discontinue use of the older api because of security reasons and the server has be re-deployed. You might try updating your app. Non-tech answer - the older apps don't work, you need to update.