I Phone 3 G

Jffok

I had the geocaching apps on my 3 G Iphone. They locked up today and nothing I tried would work. When I clicked on search for geocaches I got that none with available. So I deleted the geocaching apps and now cannot find it to re install it. The one that shows available will not work on the 3 G phone. Can anyone help me with this. ?

I had the geocaching apps on my 3 G Iphone. They locked up today and nothing I tried would work. When I clicked on search for geocaches I got that none with available. So I deleted the geocaching apps and now cannot find it to re install it. The one that shows available will not work on the 3 G phone. Can anyone help me with this. ?

I use the official app quite a bit with an iphone 4. Most of the time it is pretty good. It does lock up quite a bit when searching for caches. I usually just turn the phone off, wait a few seconds and turn it back on to stop the endless looping. I find that the phone doesn't always pick up nearby caches equally well sometimes it works great and sometimes it doesn't. I think it has to do with the cell reception and especially the lack of 3G environment. I wanted to cache today on the way home from work. I was in a different area and didn't have any pocket queries loaded ( for that I use Geosphere). Anyway the phone couldn't find anything--no 3G signal. I went into a local establishment and hooked onto their wi-fi but when I left the wi-fi environment my phone really couldn't lock onto the caches the way it should. Anyway that is my experience. This weekend we are going to an event in northern maine. I don't expect much signal so I have run a few queries and loaded them into our GPS's including the phone.

Hope this helps.

If you deleted the app from iTunes then it should be sitting your your Recycle Bin. All you have to do is pull it out and drop it into the My Documents/My Music/iTunes/Mobile Applications folder and your all set. Plug your phone into the PC, open iTunes if it doesn't automatically load, click on devises, go to the app tab and check the box next to the Geocaching app. Sync your phone and your done.

If you have never connected your iPhone to the PC and performed a sync then you have no back up of your apps. You also won't have a backup of the purchase record so you'll have to buy it again. Many iPhone users only use there phones data connection to access iTunes. But its a very good idea to sync it with your PC from time to time so you have a backup. Then if you upgrade to a newer iPhone you'll have everything on the PC ready to upload to the new phone.

When i do a search on iTunes for Geocaching the app comes right up. SO you can always download it again. If the system doesn't recognize you purchased it before then contact apple support and see if they can help.

I had the same thing happen yesterday as well. I'm sorry it happened to you, but am a little comforted that it wasn't just me. I also deleted it (on the advise of another iPhone user) I went to the apps store on my phone and when i try to download it it tells me the Application Not Compatible. That it requires the iPhone 4.0 software Update. Any suggestions on how I do that? Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using an older version of your mobile phone? iPhone version 1 or iPhone 2 would have the old iOS. If you use iOS 4, you should be able to use the Geocaching app version 4.5 and above. I suggest reinstalling the app from the App Store if you are able to.

Unfortunately, we are no longer supporting the outdated versions of the app prior to Android v2 or iPhone v4.5. We are re-allocating our servers to optimize our apps and the website so they can function better and faster.

If this is not an option, we are sorry that the app is no longer working for you. You may want to try one of the 3rd party apps or upgrade to a newer phone.

Are you logged on to your iTunes account on your computer and have you ever synced your iPhone? If you don't do that your apps will never show up in iTunes.

I had never done this before. Therefore there was no files to be recovered. I logged in today and synced the phone. Saved all my data and then updated the phone. Then restored all my data back to the phone. After a few minor problems I had everything back working on the phone, but was unable to recover the deleted geocaching app. But with the update on the I phone I was able to download the new geocaching apps that was available.

Apple was a big help to me on this even with me not having a tech support agreement purchased and my phone being 142 days past the date of tech assistance.

Thanks for all the replys to my problem.

Are you logged on to your iTunes account on your computer and have you ever synced your iPhone? If you don't do that your apps will never show up in iTunes.

I had never done this before. Therefore there was no files to be recovered. I logged in today and synced the phone. Saved all my data and then updated the phone. Then restored all my data back to the phone. After a few minor problems I had everything back working on the phone, but was unable to recover the deleted geocaching app. But with the update on the I phone I was able to download the new geocaching apps that was available.

Apple was a big help to me on this even with me not having a tech support agreement purchased and my phone being 142 days past the date of tech assistance.

Great, I'm glad the app was finally available to you!

I am glad it all worked out for you. You should make a habit of syncing your iPhone and checking for app updates at least once a week.