Archived/temp disabled caches do not appear in my Pocket Queries

The Four T's

I run a weekly query for all my "Found" caches. I assumed that the query for Found caches would include all caches I have logged as Found.

However, it appears that my pocket query does not return caches that are marked as "Archived", or "Temporarily Unavailable". Note: there is a parameter to select "Is Active" caches, but I did not select that parameter.

Here are the parameters for my "Found" query:

Type = "All"

That = "I have found" and "I don't own" (I did NOT select "Is Active")

Origin = my home coordinates

Radius = 500 miles

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

I'd like to bump this to the top. I have queries set up and am not getting the number of caches in them I expected based on my manual counts using the search feature on gc.com

I suspect the temporarily disabled caches are being filtered. Will selecting "Is Active" stop that? I've never really been clear on what "Is Active" means.

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Assimilating golf balls - one geocache at a time.

Flat_MiGeo_A88.gif

There may be another reason your counts don't match the Pocket Query results - the radius can't be larger than 500 miles.

During the summer we visited family in Georgia and found 5 caches. I had to run a "special" found query to get these caches from the database, as they are >2,000 miles from home :-)

And don't get me started on geocaching in Georgia... The bugs there were ferocious! Long pants/sleeves seem mandatory, despite the humidity icon_eek.gif No offense to any Georgians icon_smile.gif

Yeah, I tried to do the same so I could easily input my found caches into an Access database. There were several archived caches and I couldn't retrieve them. I had to hand enter them.

I can understand an archived cache not showing up in a query for unfound caches but in a found cache query seems they should be there. - JamesJM

quote:
Originally posted by Lone Duck:

Why do you want to download caches that don't exist? Save the room for ones that do, having information on non-existant caches is practically useless.

_That Quack Cacher:_

_Lone Duck_

_When you don't know where you're going, every road will take you there._

There are plenty of reasons to want archived caches to show up in a PQ of FOUND caches. One, to keep a simple 'record' of all your finds, easily accessible online or off. I'd like to map all my finds, and having ALL my finds in one file makes that MUCH easier. I'm sure other people have other reasons.

I understand the reasoning behind archived caches now showing up in normal searches/PQ's, but it would be nice if a PQ for caches the requester has FOUND would return ALL the caches that person has found, regardless of the current status of the cache.

Not holding back icon_biggrin.gif

Why not just keep a record in something else like Excel or Access or even Word? That way when you get upwards of 313 finds and the next time you check it's 312, you can compare the online list with the offline one and see who deleted your find.

Although I think that's a feature included in the notifications now.

Anyway, just keep a running list in another software. icon_biggrin.gif

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching