Cache Reviewer Questions

Abcede97

I think people are being a little hard on the OP.

The OP sees someone log 839 caches in one day. He/she doesn't understand how this can happen unless someone is logging bogus find logs. People explain about power trails. The OP responds that they've read up on power trails and now understand that someone could log that many caches. The OP later responds to a post that they contacted the person about a specific caches and got a nasty reply to mind their own business, so that is what they will do from now on.

A discussion on fishing follows.

The OP indicates they understand that some people like to cache for numbers and others don't and indicates that he/she prefers the "hunt" to a power trail experience.

The OP then comments that some people are taking this too seriously (big mistake) and gets attacked for starting this thread.

It seem like the OP learned something from this thread and then is attacked for not knowing this at the start. :huh:

Quite frankly, the forum regulars should be encouraging the OP for asking questions and they having an open mind to understand and accept the answers, and not attacking the OP because they learned something.

I suggest you read through the thread again. I STILL don't see where you're finding that people were "attacking" the OP. We answered his questions and we didn't resort to any name calling. The OP is the one who referred to us as the "unfriendliest cachers" and "mean spirited" without cause.

I think people are being a little hard on the OP.

The OP sees someone log 839 caches in one day. He/she doesn't understand how this can happen unless someone is logging bogus find logs. People explain about power trails. The OP responds that they've read up on power trails and now understand that someone could log that many caches. The OP later responds to a post that they contacted the person about a specific caches and got a nasty reply to mind their own business, so that is what they will do from now on.

A discussion on fishing follows.

The OP indicates they understand that some people like to cache for numbers and others don't and indicates that he/she prefers the "hunt" to a power trail experience.

The OP then comments that some people are taking this too seriously (big mistake) and gets attacked for starting this thread.

It seem like the OP learned something from this thread and then is attacked for not knowing this at the start. :huh:

Quite frankly, the forum regulars should be encouraging the OP for asking questions and they having an open mind to understand and accept the answers, and not attacking the OP because they learned something.

52 posts as of this writing. Most providing helpful answers, some discussing silly analogies. One that was mildly critical of the OP for an apparent inconsistency in his attitude. That equates "the very unfriendliest cachers."? So people who try to help, or engage in good natured banter are "unfriendly"?

52 posts as of this writing. Most providing helpful answers, some discussing silly analogies. One that was mildly critical of the OP for an apparent inconsistency in his attitude. That equates "the very unfriendliest cachers."? So people who try to help, or engage in good natured banter are "unfriendly"?

Darn, I thought my fishing analogy was pretty cool, but if you think it's silly I guess I'll have to go back to the drawing board. :P

Frankly I don't even know what OP sands for, because I am a newbie at caching & the Forums.

I thought I would ask a simple question & get a simple answer. End of discussion.

But somewhere along the line the whole discussion ended up in a ditch.

It is much too beautiful of a day, meant to remember & honor our fighting men & women.

So I will end this discussion by apologizing to one & all for any offense taken to my comments.

I will keep my questions & opinions to myself, & wish all a Good Day.

Frankly I don't even know what OP sands for, because I am a newbie at caching & the Forums.

OP = Original Poster, in this case you as the starter of the thread.

So I will end this discussion by apologizing to one & all for any offense taken to my comments.

I will keep my questions & opinions to myself, & wish all a Good Day.

Questions and opinions are what make this forum work, so please don't leave. But do have fun caching on a beautiful day (and the not so beautiful ones, also).