Cannot view Cache logs

The last time I went caching (last Sunday) as I opened each cache detail up on my HTC phone, I could view the full description of the cache and also see previous logs, which often are almost essential in finding some caches!

However, today when I went out, I could no longer see the logs under the individual cache (I tried live maps and 'closest' for the caches). I can see the full description but if I want to view the previous finds, I only get an option to 'connect to a browser to view' and then have to view the logs that way which, quite frankly, is pretty tiresome.

Has something happened on the Geocaching app recently to cause this? I did look at maintenance but couldn't see anything. A friend who is using the free c:geo app also has the same issue so something seems to have changed.

Can anyone please advise?

The last time I went caching (last Sunday) as I opened each cache detail up on my HTC phone, I could view the full description of the cache and also see previous logs, which often are almost essential in finding some caches!

However, today when I went out, I could no longer see the logs under the individual cache (I tried live maps and 'closest' for the caches). I can see the full description but if I want to view the previous finds, I only get an option to 'connect to a browser to view' and then have to view the logs that way which, quite frankly, is pretty tiresome.

Has something happened on the Geocaching app recently to cause this? I did look at maintenance but couldn't see anything. A friend who is using the free c:geo app also has the same issue so something seems to have changed.

Can anyone please advise?

I just tried it on my HTC phone, and it's working fine.

I have noticed that when I'm having internet issues, it loads the basic cache information first, then the description, then the logs. So maybe your connection was just not keeping up?

Or maybe something wasn't working properly on Sunday but is fixed now.

Hey I actually have your answer! Well for the c:geo anyways. The original creator of it decided to give it up and there will be no more updates to it. You need to save any info you have on it you want and then delete it and download the one from the person who took it over from the original creator. You wont regret it because it works way better and has some new features like a auto signature you can leave then type in what ever else you want. When I stopped getting the logs I downloaded and paid for the geocaching.com app but like the new c:geo one better. The new app is c:geo-opensource

-WarNinjas

Hey I actually have your answer! Well for the c:geo anyways. The original creator of it decided to give it up and there will be no more updates to it. You need to save any info you have on it you want and then delete it and download the one from the person who took it over from the original creator. You wont regret it because it works way better and has some new features like a auto signature you can leave then type in what ever else you want. When I stopped getting the logs I downloaded and paid for the geocaching.com app but like the new c:geo one better. The new app is c:geo-opensource

-WarNinjas

Brilliant. Thank you. I'll get that sorted now :)

Hey I actually have your answer! Well for the c:geo anyways. The original creator of it decided to give it up and there will be no more updates to it.

My copy had an automatic update just a couple of days ago.

But I just opened it, and the update has replaced the app with a screen that says to go get the new opensource version.

Edited by GeoGeeBee