Challenge voting

artican

Ok my kids love geocaching and now the challenges have came out they like it more, but there is a serious issue i have to address, when a challenge is voted thumbs down enough it gets archieved this is just wrong, like i said my kids love these. So I think that we the challenge creator should be able to see who thumb up'ed there challenge and who thumb downed there challenge. I think this will discourage the cachers who are just going around thumbing down every challenge they can to make them get archieved. Sure there are some who don't like this new change but if you DON'T LIKE IT THEN DON'T PLAY THEM!!!!! don't make the ones that do like them suffer because you have don't like them, JUST DON'T DO THEM IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM!!!!!!

Actually voting a challenge down doesn't get it archived, only flagging it as prohibited/unplayable/etc does. That should only be done when it's actually against the rules.

no i was informed it also goes by the thumb up thumb down ratio, because i have had 3 archived because of the thumb down ratio. All 3 of mine meet all the criteria to be a challenge.

From the Challenges FAQ page:

Are Challenges reviewed by anyone before publication?

No. Challenges are published to the website immediately. The community can "flag" inappropriate or unplayable Challenges. These are automatically removed from the website if flagged by enough geocachers. Players can rate each Challenge with a thumbs up or thumbs down to help others decide whether it is worth doing.

There has been some indication that once there are more challenges, the up/down rating will be used to sort the order they are displayed in. I suspect something like "show only challenges that have a U/D ratio > 1." So any challenge with more down than up will be hidden. If you wanted to see more challenges you could change this number.

There has been some indication that once there are more challenges, the up/down rating will be used to sort the order they are displayed in. I suspect something like "show only challenges that have a U/D ratio > 1." So any challenge with more down than up will be hidden. If you wanted to see more challenges you could change this number.

Even as it is now, you can sort by the rating. When you search for challenges in an area, click on the "rating" heading above the list.