New Caches...

jen04976

Warning - you will get in a habbit of dropping whatever you are doing and running out to get the new cache listing.

Adivce - Keep one alert with a tight radius and another with a larger radius.

I was in a meeting a few weeks ago when my close proximity to work alert went off. I excused myself from the room, ran down the road, nabbed the FTF (met a couple other caches a few seconds behind me), and then got back into the meeting before it was over.

Someone who knows me asked if I had to run out and get a new cache...

I have moved twice and since first move have not got notifications. Since recent move I have tried everything I know to get notifications but am not getting. Can anyone help?

I sent you a Message from your profile page just now (hope you don't mind). See if you receive it. If not, it could be a problem due to some email setting with your ISP (such as whitelist/blacklist). It's probably fine, but who knows. Whenever my parents change anything (unplug the modem, move 2 apartments over, change PCs, most anything at all), emails from ME (and only me) shut off. What fun, right? :rolleyes: They have to contact their ISP to get me "whitelisted" again. Maybe a Message test will help narrow it down -- but you might only need to do a little modification of your "home coordinates" or the Cache search distance.

Edited by kunarion

I have moved twice and since first move have not got notifications. Since recent move I have tried everything I know to get notifications but am not getting. Can anyone help?

I sent you a Message from your profile page just now (hope you don't mind). See if you receive it. If not, it could be a problem due to some email setting with your ISP (such as whitelist/blacklist). It's probably fine, but who knows. Whenever my parents change anything (unplug the modem, move 2 apartments over, change PCs, most anything at all), emails from ME (and only me) shut off. What fun, right? :rolleyes: They have to contact their ISP to get me "whitelisted" again. Maybe a Message test will help narrow it down -- but you might only need to do a little modification of your "home coordinates" or the Cache search distance.

I talked to my ISP and after adjusting I did get a message but not from you kunarion.

I noticed I got no "copy" when I messaged you. Normally when I send a member email, I get a copy of it. My message evaporated. That's strange. I have been getting cache notifications, though.

[EDIT] I see evidence of a missing message from Groundspeak. Yesterday, someone moved one of my Travel Bugs, and someone found one of my caches. I only got the email about the Travel Bug. Maybe there's a problem with Groundspeak's mail servers. If so, it might clear up in a few days.

Edited by kunarion

I seem to be getting something now. Could you try e-mailing me now and we shall see. Thanks for all your help Bob

I've sent "Message Test 2". The confirmation screen comes up showing the message, but my email doesn't get the copy (so it was likely not sent to you, either). Something's broken today.

When my parents have email issues, I always recommnd they send one to themselves, so they know at least it's fine on their end. Groundspeak doesn't have that function. I'm heading over to Feedback to post a little idea. :P

I get all my replies when i test my own and mts checked everything. It is going to be one of those irritating small pesky problems. Thanks alot for all your help Bob

I hope I helped some.

Got a spare Feedback vote? :grin:

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75775-geocaching-com/suggestions/2230047-make-a-simple-way-to-test-that-messages-notificati

Edited by kunarion