New enhancments to Garmin Oregon, Dakota, Montana and 62 series

Branky

My understanding is that it "verifies" your find when you attend the cache coordinates.

Big deal. I attend coordinates all the time and never find the cache :lol:

I've been following Garmin's press releases regarding their cache site and they are clearly out of

touch about cacher's and what caching is. I think they would be better off partnering with

Geocaching.com. The Garmin geocache site and their home site are pretty much a waste of time.

I get better support here when trying to sort out my GPSMAP62st than I do on the Garmin site.

Epic FAIL Garmin.

B.

I've been following Garmin's press releases regarding their cache site and they are clearly out of

touch about cacher's and what caching is.

That's your complaint about Garmin? Have you actually seen what your fellow Groundspeak just did here yesterday? Sorry I mean, about one day ago? :lol:

touch about cacher's and what caching is.

That's your complaint about Garmin? Have you actually seen what your fellow Groundspeak just did here yesterday? Sorry I mean, about one day ago? :lol:

Yeah, but they heard a HUGE earful on the feedback site and will be returning you to your regularly scheduled program momentarily. Edited by ecanderson

Verifying by QR Code

If your handheld has a camera, you will be able to verify supported geocaches by scanning a QR (Quick Reference) code that is hidden with the geocache. When this method is selected, your camera will launch in a special mode that requires you only place the QR Code clearly in your viewfinder. Your handheld will alert you when it has automatically decoded and stored the verification information.

I'm interested in the part I bolded and colored red. It would be nice to have this added outside of finding a cache. As in a stage of a multi-cache.

Verifying by QR Code

If your handheld has a camera, you will be able to verify supported geocaches by scanning a QR (Quick Reference) code that is hidden with the geocache. When this method is selected, your camera will launch in a special mode that requires you only place the QR Code clearly in your viewfinder. Your handheld will alert you when it has automatically decoded and stored the verification information.

I'm interested in the part I bolded and colored red. It would be nice to have this added outside of finding a cache. As in a stage of a multi-cache.

I like the idea of using the QR Code as part of a Multi too.