Caching with the grandkids

S&SLaird

We recently took the grand-kids with us....I wasn't sure how the youngest (almost 2) was going to feel about leaving all those toys behind but was surprised at how well she did. It took her a couple of tries to get the idea but on our third cache she had it all figured out and on the fourth she was a pro....find it, dump it all out, give Papa all the paper, shove it all back in, put it back, then come on lets go find another.....30 seconds and she has done it all and ready to go find more treasure.....I think she only cares about the numbers...lol

How much did she have? None....like I said I think she only cares about the numbers. She dumps it all on the ground gives it a quick inspection and then puts it all back, closes the lid and then heads back to the spot with it like a running back breaking thru the line....fully tucked in knocking everyone out of the way.....does a great job of putting the cache back, arms go in the air followed by YEAHH! and then she is heading back to the truck to do it again.....funny as can be....and I am still signing the log.

I guess she is a natural power cacher

If she's that active in the find, does she have her own caching name? You could teach her how to sign her name, log it on the computer.

She could write great logs as she learns!

So cool - love how kids get so excited about things!

And it's something she will always remember doing with you. priceless

Edited by Scrabblers

If she's that active in the find, does she have her own caching name? You could teach her how to sign her name, log it on the computer.

She could write great logs as she learns!

So cool - love how kids get so excited about things!

And it's something she will always remember doing with you. priceless

She won't have her own name....we have 3 grand-daughters....all sisters not cousins. I am going to make an account for the three of them and let her older sisters do the log and leave the "Power Caching" to the little one. I am looking forward to getting them out this weekend.

Good to hear. We took ours for the first time a few months back and she loved it. We re-visited some really good kid ones we had found previous without any kids along. Now she has gotten daddy into it (our son) and goes with him quite often. She/They also got the other set of grandparents in on caching and they also love it. Quite the mover and shaker at 4 years old.