To Hide Or Not?

mepling

Should be OK. Just mention it on the cache page so the cachers looking for it will know. I've seen pages that recommend wearing orange during the season. Others, especially controlled hunts that are only done on certain weekends, will disable the listing for the duration of the hunt. It just depends on how practical it is to look for a cache while hunters are there.

In NJ if you ruled out state owned lands where hunting was allowed it wouldn't leave a lot of places. I'm sure it's that way in many states.

There is an attribute for hunting that can be used to warn people. A mention on the page that hunting is allowed might also be a good idea. Hide it and let searchers make their own decision.

As far as hunting season, in many states it's always hunting season for something. In NJ, which is not exactly a state with a strong hunting tradition, I think there are only 3 months out of the year where it is not hunting season for something.

In NJ if you ruled out state owned lands where hunting was allowed it wouldn't leave a lot of places. I'm sure it's that way in many states.

There is an attribute for hunting that can be used to warn people. A mention on the page that hunting is allowed might also be a good idea. Hide it and let searchers make their own decision.

As far as hunting season, in many states it's always hunting season for something. In NJ, which is not exactly a state with a strong hunting tradition, I think there are only 3 months out of the year where it is not hunting season for something.

Thank you. This really helps me out.