Removing Trackable

Polite Engineer

Back in April I dropped off a trackable, only for it to be taken/muggled and therefore it has never been logged anywhere apart from me logging it when i placed it and to mark it missing.

I am getting fed up with keep on seeing it in my list and want to delete it or at least remove it from my listings.

I tried deleting the various logs for it, but it is still showing up as missing and i can't seem to move it to my collection.

Any help please?

Are you referring to your Red Travel Racer?

There's no way for you to completely remove it because it existed, it's still out there somewhere in the geocaching world so it has to remain linked to your account as you're the owner - one day the person who took it may bring it back into play.

What I do when my trackables go missing is rename them with a Z in front of their name - that way they fall to the end of my list of Trackables Owned and I don't notice them so often... not until one of them springs back to life when someone logs it again after x months/years. :)

MrsB

Where does it reside now in a virtual sense, in your inventory? If not, go to the trackable page and post a "Grab it from somewhere else" log to get it into your inventory.

Once the trackable is in your inventory, you should see it here:

http://www.geocaching.com/my/inventory.aspx

Click on the trackable link go to the cache page. On the right side you should see the "Move to inventory" option under the heading of Actions.

An alternative to giving up on this trackable would be to make a replacement trackable to send out in its place. I have done this for several of my travel bugs that have gone missing. You can make something as simple as a laminated card with the tracking number on it. I have taken to making proxy dog tags to send out in place of my coins. If you are interested in that, reply here and I'll email you some information.

Happy caching :)

Edited by Darick

If it is now in your Inventory and you want to transfer it into your Collection (to remove it from your Inventory) -

First you have to edit the trackable > tick the little box "Make this Trackable collectible" > Submit Changes.

Now, in the drop-down box on the trackable's page, you should see the option "Move to Collection".

MrsB

Edited to add: Be aware that if you put it into your Collection and a cacher finds it somewhere and then tries to bring it back "into play" they will only have the options to either "Discover" or "Write Note" on the item.

Edited by The Blorenges

Hi Darick,

Thanks for that, i have now got it in my inventory, but it is also still in my trackables list!

Any thoughts?

Can you post the URL of the "trackables list" page you are referring to?

Another idea I just had... if you just want to get rid of it all together, you can transfer it to me if you'd like. Instructions here:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=249