Getting muggles to leave

power69

If my friends and I are really loud and obnoxious, people will move along. Most of the time we don't bother though, since it's easier to just find the cache without the huge performance.

cordon off the area with yellow Caution tape

My dad has that stuff, but if I start deploying it in a park it might have the opposite effect and attract muggles. Might be useful in the right setting, but I've yet to find that setting. Besides, a cache hidden on a bench or picnic table probably won't take long, and it's kind of a waste to put it all up just to tear it down in a few minutes.

{snip} I've also done the boring thing of just asking.

A few times someone is settled in at ground zero with a book or whatever. I'll walk up and ask if they've heard of the game. More often than not I get help in the search. Once the woman signed it with her geo-name.

(if they haven't heard of the game before, its' really embarrassing not to find it. YES it's a real game. Trust me.)

Or a heck of a good way to meet attractive women. :rolleyes::lol:

It's a lot better than whipping out the mirror and "looking" under the bench she on...

I've done that - asking the lady in the skirt on the bench before the looking, that is.

I hope you weren't wearing your Jester outfit! :ph34r:

Not that time, but maybe I should more often - Jesters (and clowns) can get away with anything! B)

How about you leave and come back later. What makes us think that we have exclusivity on an area in pursuit of our hobby. Or , just mutter and move hands in animated fashion.

not everyone has a cachemobile and that hide was a 2.5 hour bike ride one way so coming back wasn't an option.