Virtual Caches

Xpert gamer

I placed a virtual cache yesterday which was archived immediately and I'm not quite sure why.

The place is a small Veterans Memorial Park. I made the coordinates so that they would take you to a tank which is the focal point of the park. I did not state that in the description. I just figured that the coordinates would get you close enough to the park so you could see the tank. (Hence the name of the cache, "Tanks A Lot") Would there be any other reason why it was archived?

Generally you have to make a good case for why the cache should be virtual to begin with. Then why this virtual cache is worth people spending the gas money to go see it.

There have been a lot of road side signs approved in the past and that's just not going to happen today.

If you are really confused, email the person who archived the cache and ask them why it was archived. Normally they post a note or send an email as to why.

They can tell you why better than I can.

Wherever you go there you are.

I'm starting to understand the need to limit virtual caches; but sometimes a location just has to be posted. I recently visited this spot (http://www.ocean-views.org/story_10.asp) and tried to create a virtual cache because it is so amazing and I couldn't maintain a physical cache there. (See GCEC1C)

I realize that the presence of a virtual cache might prevent someone else from placing a physical cache in the future. So maybe a protocol could be developed whereby the virtual cache owner will voluntarily archive his virtual cache if someone wants to place a physical cache there. Comments?

quote:
Originally posted by kasapearson:

<> I recently visited this spot (http://www.ocean-views.org/story_10.asp) and tried to create a virtual cache because it is so amazing and I couldn't maintain a physical cache there.<>

Sounds like a Geocache could be placed there. If you can place a physical cache then a virt is not an option.

Were you on vacation? Is that why you couldn't maintain a physical cache?

Vacation caches a no longer being approved.

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

====================================

quote:
virtual cache owner will voluntarily archive his virtual cache if someone wants to place a physical cache there

You say that, but would you archive one of your caches, voluntarily?

I placed a cache near a virtual recently and asked the owner if he would mind archiving his rather lame virtual and he basically ripped me a new one, so to speak. icon_redface.gif

I ended up removing my physical cache. icon_frown.gif

texasgeocaching_sm.gif