Traditionls --> Lost Places

divin3

The "Lost Place" cache theme seems to be mainly in Germany and a few in other mainland Europe countries - I don't think the idea has ever caught on here in UK. I've never noticed any - but I could well be wrong.

Slightly off-topic, but some of those of Lost Place caches in Germany look great. I can only presume that right-to-roam laws are more permissive over there (else the Reviewers are ;) ). I know a few caches in the UK that would qualify for that 'series' (not in Scotland though, I'm afraid), but I don't think that there are too many. I can see several good reasons there for a caching trip to Europe … must brush up on my O-Level German :D

We're now back from Scottland. It was great! We'll come back for sure....

We saw a lot of abandonded buldings - would be great to place a cache there.

A lot of the logs were full. But no one wrote a "needs maintanance" text. Is this normal over there?

Erstmal auf Deutsch bevor ich es ins Englisch übersetze:

In Schottland cachen nicht nur die Schotten, sondern auch Urlauber. Grade jetzt im Sommer und dann wird nicht zeitnah geloggt. Wer sich unterwegs keine Notiz macht, der vergisst wo ein Logbuch voll war.

Da ich von schottischen Caches selten enttäuscht war, hab ich im Gepäck immer ausreichend Material gehabt um einen Cache zu warten. Sei es Logstreifen, Kladden, kleine Tütchen und Silica-Gel. Sogar Dosen habe ich ersetzt.

Das hab ich auch in die Logs geschrieben. Und wenn ich mal nicht warten konnte, weil die Erste-Hilfe-Box nicht im Rucksack war, dann hab ich das Need-Maintenance gesetzt.

So now in English, I will do my best:

There are not only local cachers in Scotland. In Summer there are also a lot of cachers from other countries hunt for caches. Its usually that you not logged the founds at the same day or week because you had no web-access. When you have no field notes you forget which cache "needs maintenance". You only logged a found. (Hopefully you wrote more than TFTC).

Usually I had a FirstAid-Kit for caches with me: logbooks in different sizes, small bags, silica gel and Lock&Locks in differenz size in the car. So I did the maintenance when I had the stuff with me and it was necessary. I wrote this in the log. And when I was not able to help, then I wrote it in the log too and set the NM-flag. And describe the situation (log was full or it was damp or wet ...)