Garmin Oregon 450t locking up after cache loads

I just want to throw this out here.

I had a Garmin Oregon 400t and now I have a 450t. After I download a large file of caches (say 4500 GPX caches) from GSAK, I click on the "safely remove hardware" icon at the bottom of my XP home window and turn the GPS unit back on. As the unit loads the new caches it will lock up. I have to take the batteries out and try again. You Garmin Oregon users out there know what I'm talking about. And yes I checked the "clear GPS before sending" in GSAK.

Lately I have just unplugged the unit without clicking the "safely remove hardware" icon and the unit is not locking up like it used to. Anyone else have the same results?

I just want to throw this out here.

There's a whole thread out there about this experience. I've never had it happen, although it does take a LONG time for the progress bar to complete on a big load like 4500, and it does always stall out once half way through before continuing. Be sure you aren't seeing the latter. If that's not it, nobody has a solution (yet).
After I download a large file of caches (say 4500 GPX caches)

You do know the unit has limits, don't you?

I'm sure that exceeds one of the limits... :o

Limits are:

number of GPX files

number of caches

size of file

It's possible to hit one, before you hit one of the others.

Hitting one of the limits may stop the unit from powering up...

The latest firmware made the problem worse. I used to be able to get it to load without locking up by clearing all waypoints before loading a new PQ. With the new firmware, the GPS locks up when you try to clear the waypoints.

One extremly important thing to remember is if it locks up on you when you load, you need to reload your PQ onto your GPS.