How We Found GeoCaching!

My girlfriend and I decided to head to Sesquicentennial State Park in Columbia, SC yesterday for some hiking. As we were on a hike, we noticed a little area that we thought looked interesting so we went off the trail and had a look around. While I was looking around, I found a Cache, and was immediately intrigued! When we got back to the car, we did some research and I downloaded the application on my Iphone and we went off on two official hunts and found both of the ones that we looked for. We were hooked. Later that night we went looking for five more after dinner and found 3 out of the 5! It is safe to say that we are addicted! haha.. Cannot wait to go on more hunts! All of you look like a very interesting, fun community of people, and we look forward to getting to know you as well as finding more caches!

All of you look like a very interesting, fun community of people

We are a very interesting group of people, that's for sure! Welcome to the wonderful world of Geocaching!

Do take a look around, and make yourself at home. Some VERY good places to look through while you get to know how this mayhem happens would be found in the knowledge books, the "About" Groundspeak section, and guide.

"Getting Started" is a nice place to start in the forums, and using the "search" function to dig for answers to the questions that come up is always nice. Be sure to head to an event or two to meet some other cachers, and never hesitate to get to know them! There's a lot of knowledge to be had, and even more fun!

Just remember to not take it too seriously, follow local laws, check out the guidelines, and find you some more caches! :anibad:

i found out about geocaching out in edmonton, alberta. back in my muggle days, i was walking with the wife through the whitemud park and i happened to see a few older folks walking into the woods. after a bit when we came back through the trail, i noticed the same people still looking for something and i heard "found it!!" i got curious and slowed down and asked my wife "what the heck are they doing?" and she said "probably geocaching".(i guess i was one of the last people on earth to find out about this thing). so i observed and seen them opening a little container and grabbing swag. i thought "lame!" and went on.

when i moved back to new brunswick, i was searching for navigational apps for my iphone and there it was geocaching in the top 3 downloaded apps and it was on sale for 2.99$ and i thought what the heck...whats 3 dollars. so when my good friend moved to the same area as me and we were looking to do something that night, instead of videogames or just driving around. i jokingly said "wanna go geocaching" and he said sure and the rest is history. we go out on the hunt every wednesday night.

we've only found a hundred and some but it's a blast. just make sure you sign the logbook or you'll see a meltdown on this forum or the lord of the lords of geocaching will hunt you down and email you and go on foolishly. the logbook is a big freaking issue with some of these lads. but as long as you could care less and show your friends the email and get a good laugh....its all good.