How often should your Pocket Query run?

SurveyContactTeam

I've been using PQs for a while now, but there are still one or two finer points I don't quite understand. One of these is the very first option: "Choose how often your query should run." So far I've mostly been ignoring this, and I just select "Run this query once then delete it", so I generate a PQ and load it up on my iPhone. If I ever need to make another one I'll just repeat the process. So far this has been perfectly adequate.

What is the purpose of the other two options, "Uncheck the day of the week after the query runs" and "Run this query every week on the days checked"? When would I need to use them? Or perhaps I should phrase that as, in what way are they meant to improve my caching experience? :)

I think for an iPhone it's less of a question, but if you're using a traditional GPS unit, you might want the PQ to run once a week (or more, or less), so you know you have the most up to date info on caches for that criteria. A Garmin or Magellan won't access the cloud to pull down the latest listings (additions, attribute updates, etc.), so I think that's where it comes in handy.

Uncheck after running is convenient to keep a query handy for trips or locations that you may take or visit on other than a weekly schedule. For instance, if you drive across two states every other month for a visit, the query is there without having to make it again.

"Run this query weekly" I use to keep up with my local area. Keeps my GSAK current that way. Also, I have multiple bookmark lists that I need to keep updated for others, and this helps me with those.