Re-installing app for Android

Luketrocity, when I try to download it from the market again the only option is to pay for it. How can I do this without having to pay?

S.O.A., I don't understand your point. I realize I am connected through g-mail/Google but how does this affect me being able to get my app back without having to pay for it?

Thanks for the replies.

The purchase is linked to the gmail account you bought the app with. Make sure that account is linked with your phone.

Luketrocity, when I try to download it from the market again the only option is to pay for it. How can I do this without having to pay?

S.O.A., I don't understand your point. I realize I am connected through g-mail/Google but how does this affect me being able to get my app back without having to pay for it?

Thanks for the replies.

Because ur gmail account u have on ur phone is linked to the Android Market. Once you have ur gmail sync'ed to ur phone ur Android Market should reconize that email account and it should show you all the apps you have linked to that email account

Hi Dooley,

If you still have the same Google account for your apps, it has a record of all the apps you have purchased, even if they were with different phones. This way, you don't have to pay for all the apps you had on your old phone again.

You can search for the Geocaching app on the market. It may say 'purchase', to download it, but once you click that button, it will notify you that you have already purchased it and you can download it for free.

I hope this helps!

If you still have any problems, please send me a message through my profile or email contact at geocaching.com

NicoleLackey, thanks for your reply. I can log on to my Google account on my computer and see the app listed as one purchased. If I go to Settings>Accounts and Sync on my phone I am also synced with this account. But when I go to Android Market>My Apps it doesn't show up on this list. If I pull up the app in the market as suggested by you, LukeTrocity, and S.O.A. it gives me the price of the app and if I click on it then it still wants to charge me the cost of the app.

I think my problem, at least in part, is that I have two different g-mail accounts and the account that the apps are attached to is not the one that is being used when I log-into the market. I can't see anyway to switch accounts.

I think my problem, at least in part, is that I have two different g-mail accounts and the account that the apps are attached to is not the one that is being used when I log-into the market. I can't see anyway to switch accounts.
Yep. That's it. Your phone is associated with one Gmail account. You can reset the phone and associate it with the other Gmail account, but you'll never be able to associate it with both accounts at the same time.