Edit or notification

Rooster-

Have you ever printed a cache site and when you looked for the cache it wasn't there? You go back home and check the cache listing and it has been edited or moved.I would like to get an edit or archived notification on a daily bases like you get for a new cache. I know someone is going to say "check them before you leave". If the coordinates have been changed just a little, it is hard to notice it.

One other problem I have is when I find a travel bug. I don't know if it is coming or going. It would be nice to list the starting of the travel bug and where you want it to go. We have one here in Klamath Falls, Or that has went over 300 miles and still where it started. icon_confused.gif

That's happened to me once. My printout was current, but the coordinates in my GPS were stale. The cache had been changed recently. I looked around for a half hour with no luck. I finally pulled out my old GPS II+, thinking my Vista had gone bonkers. I didn't even bother to enter a waypoint. I just looked at the screen with the Lat/Lon readout, compared it to my printout, and walked in the appropriate direction until they matched up. I was about 500' from my original location. That's when I checked the coordinates on the Vista and noticed they were not the same as the printout. Then I re-read the cache description and saw that it had been recently relocated.

Now, I always wipe out my cache waypoints and reload them from geocaching.com before I head out. It takes about 2 minutes, and I know my data's probably good.

PS_sig.gif