GPX and Pocket Query confusion

VegasRockstars

I have a Magellan explorist 310. I'm a little confused here. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

I originally started caching on my iPhone and logged all of my finds no problem.

Then, I created a pocket query for 1000 caches within my home area, including ones that I found. I dragged the GPX file into the Geocache directory oHere are my questions:

1. Why isn't a cache that I found marked as found on my GPS? I don't get it. Doesn't the downloaded GPX data include that info from my account?

The caches are there, just not listed as found.

2. What happens if I add multiple GPX files where each may contain the same geocaches? Is this a problem or will the device sort that out?

3. Pocket Query - Why aren't my results ever generating a file when I select "Run this query once then delete it"? I don't think I exceeded the 5 within a 24 hour period. Who knows, maybe I did...

4. I ran a "My Finds" query, and placed that GPX file on my GPS, but that didn't make my finds show up on there either. Not sure what this is supposed to do or if I am using this correctly.

Thanks!

I don't use the Magellan so I am not 100 percent sure about the answers that apply to loading caches on the gps. But a couple things to try

Are you unzipping the files before putting them on the GPS and putting them in the correct directory?

On a Garmin if you have the same cache in two different files they unit will use the most current one.

When you select the run once and delete you still have to select the day you want it to run.

If you want found caches to show i think you'll need to do a my finds PQ and put it on the unit. Then go threw and mark them all as found on the unit. The unit keeps track of the finds in a separate file. There is no data in the PQ that can tell the unit if its been found or not.

Make sure you select a day to generate the PQ. When the PQ is ready you'll get an email notification. If the rusults have less then 500 caches in it then the PQ will be ready to downlaod form the eamil. If it has more then 500 caches in it then you'll have to go to the PQ page and the PQ ready to download tab to download it. Then unzip the file and drop it into the unit.

3. Pocket Query - Why aren't my results ever generating a file when I select "Run this query once then delete it"? I don't think I exceeded the 5 within a 24 hour period. Who knows, maybe I did...

Some (all?) phones have a problem with the Run once then delete option.

They see it as deleted. (Or rather can't see it because it's deleted)

The MyFinds is a separate file, and does not count as one of the five PQ's a day.

(But I still run it after the five a day PQ's)

Why do you want your Found caches to show?