Would Like to see Break Down of Stats.

The_Brownies

I ran a thread over the weekend to see if Virtual Caches should have their own count. The solution given by EraSeek was a rather good one. When the person logs a find on the cache page, show the users's total finds i.e. 100. However on the Users' cache page, break down the finds in a simple format that would show the total number of Virtual, Physical, and Others. I.e. 100(2/98/0). EraSeek actually thought of encorporating benchmarks into the actual find number, but I think they should be kept separate.

Question - Would you like to see this implemented?

I recall reading somewhere a post where Jeremy said he was thinking of doing this in a future upgrade. I looked, but couldn't find it readily. It may be in one of the threads where the September changes to the cache page were discussed... he mentioned, IIRC, that a re-design of the user page was next, and that this feature was being considered. Does anyone else remember this? (Of course, if I am putting false words into the mouths of TPTB, I apologize in advance.)

I would be all in favor of separating the counts for physical, virtual, locationless and benchmarks. I believe this would go a long way into calming some of the debate about virtual and locationless caches. They can be fun to do (I've logged about 10), but they really are a different game.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

Although... I still think traditionals and true virtuals should be only one type of count, since they (and event caches) are all based on finding a pre-ordained location.

Locationlesses (and I loathe the term) should be a separate count (as benchmarks are) since they are different from 'true' geocaches in that there isn't just the one 'correct' location.

For my own cache log purposes (an Excel spreadsheet), I assign a number to the regular caches (traditional/virtual/event) which corresponds to the Lego Geocacher Signature Item I leave behind (So how do I leave one behind at a virtual? Easy, I try and give it to the person who created the virtual/event cache. And it's worked for 2 of the 3 virts I've done, and I should be able to get the 3rd to its 'rightful' owner soon.) In the same spreadsheet I add the locationlesses I've found (6 currently) but assign them a number of L(number).

Cache well, and see ya round the bend...

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

I recall reading somewhere a post where Jeremy said he was thinking of doing this in a future upgrade. Does anyone else remember this? (Of course, if I am putting false words into the mouths of TPTB, I apologize in advance.)

Don't know, but I would like to see some sort of 'breakdown' implement.

quote:
I would be all in favor of separating the counts for physical, virtual, locationless and benchmarks. I believe this would go a long way into calming some of the debate about virtual and locationless caches. They can be fun to do (I've logged about 10), but they really are a different game.

I agree, seems like one of big problems with locationless caches is that they are so very different, but yet are "scored" the same.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg