Bellydancer is off Travelling

Hi Everyone,

I live in London and am new to geocaching, not very good but enthusiastic and completely hooked. So this weekend I am off around north and east London looking for trackables. Next month my husband and I are off travelling across Europe on our way to Turkey. I am looking for trackables in and around the London area that want to be moved to Europe. I will only take the ones that want to move.

Please can everyone give me the names of caches in London that have trackables that we are allowed to take aaway and place elsewhere. I am not asking for clues or help in locating the caches. I am using a Android phone so the app is not great when I am getting the initial cache info to come up and so I am therefore doing my homework before I go out and taking paper copies with me hence the ask for cache names. I have nearly 4 weeks before we leave. I am looking forward to finding my first caches in europe. I am also thinking of leaving a few when I am in Turkey. We go every year to Turkey and my oldest daughter lives there and is getting married there this summer. Any geocachers visiting Turkey during July and August giv eme an email I might see you there.

Thanks for any help in advance.

As you are a Premium Member you can do a pocket query for an area, selecting caches that have a TB logged into them. Or, you can simply do a Search for caches in London (or by postcode) which will give you a long list of caches - you'll be able to see which ones have tracakbles in them by looking at the column marked Info - it will show a TB or geocoin icon. However, cache inventories are notoriously inaccurate, especially around central London caches which get a lot of visitors, so there's no guarantee that you'll time it right to get your hands on the trackables!

As for placing caches in Turkey: Please be aware that you won't be allowed to place caches there unless you can show the reviewer that you have a reliable maintenance plan and I doubt that visiting once a year would be sufficient for speedy maintenance.

You can check out details here: Geocache maintenance requirements.

MrsB :)

As you are a Premium Member you can do a pocket query for an area, selecting caches that have a TB logged into them. Or, you can simply do a Search for caches in London (or by postcode) which will give you a long list of caches - you'll be able to see which ones have tracakbles in them by looking at the column marked Info - it will show a TB or geocoin icon. However, cache inventories are notoriously inaccurate, especially around central London caches which get a lot of visitors, so there's no guarantee that you'll time it right to get your hands on the trackables!

As for placing caches in Turkey: Please be aware that you won't be allowed to place caches there unless you can show the reviewer that you have a reliable maintenance plan and I doubt that visiting once a year would be sufficient for speedy maintenance.

You can check out details here: Geocache maintenance requirements.

MrsB :)

[/quoteBlorenge,

thanks for that I wasnt sure what the pocket searches was for very helpful.

Yes I have a maintenance plan in place my oldest daughter lives and works in Turkey (she has for 5 yrs). We also visit regularly as my husband is from there. I also have some interesting ideas to put in some of the caches giving free meals, hotels etc to geocachers who find them (all with the help of family and friends in Turkey) so hopefully I will be experienced enough by the time I get there.

Thanks for the help much appreciated.