Caching in Kennesaw GA

GeePa

I will be visiting my brother in Kennesaw, GA in about a month and would like to take him and his boys caching. I have looked around a bit and am having trouble finding a spot I like. Here are my criteria:

1. I would like to visit one area with a reasonable cache density so we can find 5 or 6.
  2. His three boys are aged 8-13 so I don't want to have anything with too terribly high a terrain rating (maybe less than 3). Also my 70 yr old father may want to join so it also limits the terrain.
  3. I want to keep the difficulty not too high. Maybe less than 3 would be best.
  4. I would like to have an area that is wooded with nice trails.
  5. I would like to avoid micros, I want to find mostly regulars with some smalls. I have found those better for the younger ones because they have room for swag.
  6. I don't want to be too far from Kennesaw, but if it is going to be farther then I would rather it be more in the Atlanta direction.

Any Kennesaw cachers out there that can help me out? Thanks in advance.

(p.s. I know I can do a PQ and some work with GSAK and probably find something, but I thought getting someones personal recommendation would be nice as well)

There are a few great virtual caches in Kennesaw that are a lot of fun. There are two or three across the street from a fantastic museum: Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History in Kennesaw. Also there is a civil war virtual cache at the Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield. This one may take a couple of hours to do since you will do some nice walking. It tell the story of the Battle for Atlanta. These caches even though are all virtual will most likely take a pretty good part of your day.

I did some caching in that area last summer. The Civil War Museum is a great place to visit, and there are a couple of virtuals and a newer premium members traditional right outside the musuem. And if you get a chance, head over to Lake Lanier and get Lake Lanier GC21. It is one of three active caches from August 2000 left in the nation (the others are in Utah and Michigan). That is the hardest month for the Jasmer challenge, and it is a 1.0/1.5 rating so shouldn't be too difficult for the kiddos. If you get down to Atlanta, there is one virtual next to Turner Field that is the exact spot where Henry Aaron hit home run #715. There is also one next to it for the Olympic games from '96. There are also quite a few around and on Stone Mountain, virtual's, multi's, traditional. D/T ratings of all kinds there so you'd be better off looking for yourself.