Question about the original stash plaque.

Well, after APE was archived, I said, *** it, I'm never going out this way now, no reason not to spoil it.

So I did, I spoiled the Triad by watching this youtube video.

Here's what I don't get. I always assumed the original stash plaque had a container and a log-book, but it seems to be a virtual listed as a traditional. So does it have a log-book, or did the film makers just not show it?

The original stash cache does have a cache container with a log book in it. It is highly muggled so folks are advised to not drop items there but just to dip them. I've been there 4-5 times, and it seems that the container has been moved just about every time. There is also another cache within 70 feet of it, just up the hill, called the un-original stash cache.

The original stash cache does have a cache container with a log book in it. It is highly muggled so folks are advised to not drop items there but just to dip them. I've been there 4-5 times, and it seems that the container has been moved just about every time. There is also another cache within 70 feet of it, just up the hill, called the un-original stash cache.

70 feet?

70 feet?

Roughly - yes. I didn't have tape measure with me but that sounds about right.

70 feet?

73, the last time I ran it through a calculator.

So I wonder if the next time the container goes missing if they are going to archive the plaque? Rip that sucker up and haul it of to the metal dealers? After all it is just some pixels.

Actually it's not even that - there's no separate icon for it. Well, there's a souvenir for it, but that's a recent thing. Undoubtedly, the tribute plaque had been special long before the souvenirs came along.

There's always the unfounded rumour that the real Dave Ulmer is buried beneath that plaque. :ph34r:

I really enjoyed hitting all three. Awesome experience all around, but the reason (if you haven't seen my other recent posts) I feel so strongly about the APE cache is because it was the best experience of the whole GW8 trip (well, aside from finding Sim's Big Brother, which was pretty darn awesome, I highly recommend people seek that out.) I bent my schedule and everything around Mission 9: Tunnel of Light and it was so worth it.

Really hoping they decide to put it back. Even with 40 lbs of concrete in the bottom of the container, if that's what iit takes to keep it in place.

70 feet?

I thought there had to be a minimum of 528 feet between caches.

70 feet?

That's only a guideline :) If the frog wants to be 70 feet it will be 70 feet. Yes, they are that close.

That is the recommended distance. But once the original stash was taken away (for whatever reason), the one that replaced it was the unoriginal stash (GC92). Groundspeak allowed the placement of a tribute cache at the location of the first cache and made it a standard traditional cache and waived the placement guidelines. If they were to do the same thing today, I would wager that there would be a special icon for it, just like there is for Groundspeak HQ, and for the APE cache.

70 feet?

That is the recommended distance. But once the original stash was taken away (for whatever reason), the one that replaced it was the unoriginal stash (GC92). Groundspeak allowed the placement of a tribute cache at the location of the first cache and made it a standard traditional cache and waived the placement guidelines. If they were to do the same thing today, I would wager that there would be a special icon for it, just like there is for Groundspeak HQ, and for the APE cache.

The plaque has it's own souvenir.