Please make the EasyGPS download function include elevation.

jtice

Im not sure what you mean by that.

Most of the benchmark pages have the altitude displayed on the page. But it doesnt include that info when you tell it to download into EasyGPS. I have to then right click them one by one and tell it to view online, then it brings up Geocaching.com's page for the banchmark, then i have to manually enter it into EasyGPS. I wouldnt think it would be that much harder for it to download the altitude along with all the other info it downloads.

Which Benchmarks are you checking where you need the elevation? Something like the capitol I can imagine it'd be helpful (it'd be far enough above ground level to let you know it's on top of the dome,) but I imagine most of the time it wouldn't matter much. I'm guessing you're trying to verify lat/lon and elevation of the benchmarks. If that's the case--how close does your GPS normally get to the elevation? (I think the one nearest me shows an elevation that is very close to what my GPS shows.)

Also, Renegade Knight, do you mean something that would maybe give a different icon if the elevation is known to be inaccurate than if it's not known? Where would the flag be used?

I guess I'd prefer to have the elevation information with the coordinates (even for caches,) but it'd be mostly for curiosity purposes to see how close it is to what I find. I'd probably ignore it most of the time.

My point on elevation is that if I 'mark a waypoint' at home then edit the coordinates, it's not accurate. The elevation is for my house.

I had thought that elevations on Geocaching.com waypoints were all zero.

In Benchmarks have known elevations, but since I don't benchmark yet I'm not sure about the webpage etc.

My post was in terms of normal geocaching waypoints. If you are standing on the benchmark your GPS will never be as accurate as the survey that set the benchmarks elevation. Also my GPS V is not as accurate as a Vista that's been calibrated for elevation. Plus when I place a cache if there is a tree within 10' or so I'll hang the GPS off the tree and average while I set the cache. The elevations will be off that amount.

The flag is for accuracy. I don't know where you would put it.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.