New caches in our home state

steben6

We are not new members, but I have a friend who is just getting started. On our profile page, there is a link that shows up that says "Find newest caches in California." This link doesn't appear on our noobie friend's page and I can't figure out how to get it on there. Any help? Thanks!

Are they premium members? I'm not sure, but no one has answered you yet, & the only reason I can think of would be that they are "basic" members & not "premium". Premium members have more options & "perks", you might say. If that's not the case, someone who is more experienced will probably come along soon & let you know.

Are they premium members? I'm not sure, but no one has answered you yet, & the only reason I can think of would be that they are "basic" members & not "premium". Premium members have more options & "perks", you might say. If that's not the case, someone who is more experienced will probably come along soon & let you know.

Yes, they are premium members :rolleyes:

Have they entered home coords into their profile? the site won't know what their "home state" is without this info.

http://www.geocaching.com/account/ManageLocations.aspx

If they haven't done this, in the module on the right side of their quick view profile where you're seeing "newest in state" they'll see,

Search Options

You have not set a home location. Add them now. "

Or they may have added some home coords, but mis-entered them such that those coords make no sense.

Edited by palmetto

They probably have not filled in their state in their profile.

Click "Your Profile/Account Details"

In the Your Profile box, does the address field list their state?

If not, click Edit and enter info in the Mailing Address box.

I just have City, Country, State, and Postal Code filled in (I left the address lines blank)

When I removed Virginia from the field and looked ay my profile page, the link changed to "Find newest caches in United States"

So I suspect if all the lines in the Mailing Address box were blank, I would not get any "Find newest caches in" statement because they did not know where I was located.