Watch List feature request

Egnix

I may get Markwelled, but I couldn't find this mentioned...

I'd love to see the Watch List page have an "Email enable/disable" feature. When I'm on a trip and/or need to reduce my incoming email I always do things like set my mailing lists to digest mode. But I don't see a way to prevent log notifications from filling my Inbox.

I don't want to delete all my watches, I just want to temporarily disable notifications (on a global, not individual) scale.

I know what you mean. It was talked about many moons ago, but no "automatic" solution manifested itself. The best solution was to set up a Yahoo or similar box and redirect all of your geocaching.com account mail there while you're on vacation. That might also be a benefit so that one late night 2 weeks down the road when you can't sleep, you could actually read those.

Unfortunately, that also redirects any correspondence from cachers and those wonderful (and much more important) "Someone Found Your Cache!" notifications.

==========

The other suggestion was that some e-mail software programs can setup rules:

If the e-mail is from contact@geocaching.com and the subject line is Log Watch Notification, delete (or move to folder X, or whatever).

I don't think my e-mail can do this, but I know others can.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

I do like Markwell was saying. I've created rules that filter and sort my incoming mail. All of my queries go into one folder while regular mail from GC.com go in another. That's not to mention all of the other mail I get.

If you have a persistent connection you can simply tell your client to check the mail on a regular basis so your server doesn't fill up. You can sort on what you find in the subject line.

Hope that helps!

CR

72057_2000.gif