MIA Trackabales

Rapaladude

I've noticed quite a lot of trackables going missing in the citrus heights, Roseville, orangevale area. Most I've looked at have unfortunately.. I think if you are going to take a trackable at all you should know how to log it. That is if people aren't just stealing them. But I think there should be a trackable awareness idea going around, because these things are meant to go from Place to place not to be stolen. It honestly sort of deters me from getting a bbug or geocoin at all..

Trackables of all sorts have a high loss rate, somewhere around 75%.

There are a number of ways to help them live longer. You should check out the TB and Geocoin forums for specific hints.

But overall the main thing is don't send anything out into the world that you would be upset to lose.

Currently I've got 7 coins traveling, 4 travel tags, one TB and one patch. However that TB is attached to my Geocaching bag- if I loose that I'm in trouble and the patch is attached to the other person in my 'team''s bag. I've got one activated coin that doesn't travel and a number of coins that are unactivated that I purchased that are in my collection at home. Of those I'm fairly sure at least two of the tags are missing and one or more of the coins- but I'll keep an eye on them and hope.

There have been cases of people stealing coins and bugs but over all I personally don't think they do it to be mean. It just happens.

I'll have to agree with you on that and I have read the forum you suggested. I guess the risk is sort of what makes the game so fun.

Yep, I'm getting ready to buy a dozen TBs to put on little matchbox cars (probably afterI've smashed them with the car and drilled a hole in the body) so that at least one might make it to my brother in Germany.

I'm realistic about the odds.

The nice thing about TB numbers is that you can 'reuse' it if the item goes missing/gets destroyed/is abducted by flying monkeys as long as you only use the number on one item at a time. Generally you wait at least a year after the bug is missing to reissue.