Question about found cache images

Hello.

I am simply wondering about what the pictures you upload when logging a cache may contain.

Since it's my own responsibility to choose if I want to watch the pictures or not I need to know if it is allowed to upload a picture that is considered a spoiler. One that will show the location more or less specific.

Thanks a lot for this game/sport I allready enjoy it! Found my first caches yesterday and a couple more today.

Regards to all involved, Damien - Sweden.

As a general rule, I would advise you against uploading spoiler photos. The cache owner is the person that should decide how much information to give to finders. Most cache owners enjoy seeing photos but don't upload photos of the actual hide location and, if the cache container is special, don't upload photos of that either.

I would avoid any photos that make things extremely easy to find.

Now, I will take pictures of a cache and post them but only if it's a common container type. I'm also careful to not include anything in the picture that would be a direct give away.

So, if the cache is a one of those micro "bolts", don't take a picture of it. It would be complete give away to do that. If was a film canister with cammo tape on it, it's probably OK because they are a dime a dozen and probably not sitting in the open.

Sometimes I will put something in the picture if it's very hard find that can narrow spots down a bit. Like if the cache is in an area with grass but there are many beacons around on concrete or tar I might take a picture of the cache with a corner of the picture showing some grass.

The key is not to make it no fun to find.

There are ways to post a nice photo of your experience without giving away the location. If you keep a scrap book of memorable caching moments like I do, you'll want photos that remind you of the find. But giving away too much info publicly, defeats the purpose and spoils the fun for others.