GPSMAP 62s Grid items don't stay put

I actually noticed it a couple of times on my first 62s which was exchanged due to some complications. It was running 2.80 at the time. I installed 2.95 on it and still think I noticed the behaviour a few times before I ended up sending that unit back. Now with the new unit, I spent hours customizing the menus to my liking and the next day they were all rearranged again.

Never had an issue with menus changing.

They do across different profiles I use - but that is how I have set them.

Some items may 'vanish' and thus the position of the remaining icons on the actual screen will be different, if thats what you mean...?? Eg of why this may happen - caches on gps, icon for geocaching is present. If no caches loaded, the geocaching icon vanishes..... also, if you have a route on the gps, the route icon will be present ( if you have chosen it to be ) but if you dont have a route loaded, that icon will vanish - the result is that the other icons will move their positions on the screen.......

I have never had an issue with this from right back to ver 2.50, which is what my 62s was shipped with....

@janandsteve, you may be onto something actually. Maybe what I did was I added a page to the page sequence which would have removed it from the menu grid, thus rearranging things. I will have to watch further to see if that is what happened. But typically, I have my 62s set up so that the menu screen for all profiles has "Setup" and "Profile Change" as the top left and top right tiles on the menu grid. What I have seen happen is that the "Profile Change" tile gets bumped way down on the grid for some reason.

Edited by khumbu_calypso

@janandsteve, you may be onto something actually. Maybe what I did was I added a page to the page sequence which would have removed it from the menu grid, thus rearranging things.

Thats another good example - and one I forgot to add to my previous post ( its a while since I setup my profiles ) - and one that will change the 'order' of the displayed icons. Anything that is added to a page seq does remove itself from the icon list, thus rearranging the remaining icons.

I will have to watch further to see if that is what happened. But typically, I have my 62s set up so that the menu screen for all profiles has "Setup" and "Profile Change" as the top left and top right tiles on the menu grid. What I have seen happen is that the "Profile Change" tile gets bumped way down on the grid for some reason.

I have a similar setup, but I have never seen the 'profile change' icon move from my top left.... something strange is happening....