Magellan 500

Im have a difficult time down loading caches into my gps. Can some one explain to me how to download chaches mor than 40 at one time; Also I do not get the information on the gps to pull up information about the cache; How do i do that. Im new to this and getting fustrated that it won't download only if I go to each cache but that does not give me any information about the casche

trekrider54

Im have a difficult time down loading caches into my gps. Can some one explain to me how to download chaches mor than 40 at one time; Also I do not get the information on the gps to pull up information about the cache; How do i do that. Im new to this and getting fustrated that it won't download only if I go to each cache but that does not give me any information about the casche

trekrider54

Magellan 500 what?

Do you mean the old Explorist 500? Or some other 500 model? Magellan has lots of models with "500" in the name.

It might make a difference on what answer you get.

Edited by BC & MsKitty

Generic Answer - You are a Premium Member, the best way is to create a PQ then use GSAK to upload to your gps. Google GSAK for their web page for the download and their forums. That program can be set to send to just about every gps.

As said before, if you can tell us which 500 we can be more specific with other methods, but they are dependent upon the make/model. Stay with, this will be lots of fun once you get this worked out.

Thanks, this was a big help to me. I got a new computer and the old GC Manager for Magellan would not recognize my EXPLORIST 500 (using windows 7). I downloaded the GSAK and it worked immediately!!! Now I don't have to manually load all the coords when we go out tomorrow!!!

Edited by harpo516