Idea for premium members

Bilder

How about email notification whenever a cache in our county/state is listed?

Would be a good bonus for premuim members to get instant notification rather than boggin down the server several times a day looking to see if any new caches have been listed in our area.

Just a thought.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

N61.12.041 W149.43.734

quote:
Originally posted by Bilder:

Well, we don't tell it our county when we hide it, so I'll assume you meant "country." But I have to ask anyway, and I assume you know: does Alaska even have counties? The Census Bureau doesn't seem to think so.

pirate.cgi.gif

Personally, I'd rather the site work as well as it did a few months ago before byting off new projects.

Fortunately, this feature doesn't *have* to be done by the master site; it can be done (and has beern) by other sites. Check out Skydiver's alert tool. http://www.rusticweb.com/geocaching/ncalert/

It will deliver the notice to your email. If your email address happens to bang a gong on your SMS fone, good for you. :-)

No counties up here, we have boroughs (sp?) and municipalities.

Thanks for that email alert page. I did not know that existed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

N61.12.041 W149.43.734

quote:
Originally posted by Bilder:

Actually, it would have to be a bit more limited to be useful for some of us. The county I live in has about three times the population (and number of caches) as Alaska. And, some of the counties around us make us look small!

I like Skydiver's notification, but set the radius to 10 miles. So I usually only get two or three emails a day. I would hate to try to keep up with an email for every new cache in California....

Otherwise a good idea.

Dave_W6DPS

My two cents worth, refunds available on request. (US funds only)