DS World

shorbird

Shorbird, I have found out that when using the DSWorld help file, it is easier for me if I do the following.

Once I click on the "DSWorld help' tab at the top of the program, I make sure on the next window that appears, that I select the 'contents' tab and not the 'index' tab.

Then after I had made sure the contents tab is active, I click the '+' in front of each file name to expand the help file topics.

I now can see all the help topic file titles, and just click on each one that I need....especially the"problems and suggestions" and 'google earth settings' the first time I used the program. I had to change some settings on my computer and in google earth.

I have also seen that when I submit photos and handheld 2 coordinates using DSWorld (and other functions), that it has to connect with the NGS servers each time, You can read this happening at the bottom of the window and you have to allow the program time to do it. You will always get a thank you popup window, once it's done.......so make sure you get this before going to another step.

Edited by LSUFan

Windows 7 is different from earlier versions. I am unable to locate the "File associations". I would love to run this program but cannot get the configurations.

Shorbird, I sent you an email with the name/email of the designer of DSWorld. He has helped me with some questions I had, and maybe knows what to do for the kind of problems you are encountering.

Windows 7 is different from earlier versions. I am unable to locate the "File associations". I would love to run this program but cannot get the configurations.

Shorbird, I sent you an email with the name/email of the designer of DSWorld. He has helped me with some questions I had, and maybe knows what to do for the kind of problems you are encountering.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

I have been playing with DSWorld a little bit and hope that I just did a multiple HH2 correction based on where it pegged three of my founds from yesterday. Wasn't sure if the 'Save' button meant 'Enter Another' and the 'Close' ='s 'Submit All'. (I think that the red X in the upper right corner also Submits All.)

See bottom of submit HH Help. (I tried to copy/paste from the Help page, but no luck)

The 'Stations', 'Published', 'By Pids' feature would have a lot more utility for me if it would accept a columnar, multiple PID, copy/paste (as the DATASHEET retrieval page will) from my Excel Master File where I run a comparison of my recorded L/L with the published. (I mostly do this to detect fat thumb clerical errors).

kayakbird

Here's how you get to where you set file association.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs or you can click 'Start' and choose "Default Programs" from the right side menu.

John