Can I doe Benchmarking in Northern Ireland?

Track Day Toys

Can I take up Benchmarking in Northern Ireland???

Yes. But they are not logable on Groundspeak.

UK and Irelaand-wise you could try http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trigonomy/

A lot of the members are cachers, and the group are always happy to answer any questions.

They may also be able to point you in the direction of relevant websites.

Description

This group is for discussion relating to Ordnance Survey triangulation pillars, flush brackets, bench marks, and other Ordnance Survey structures. The emphasis is on the historical and technical aspects, and on maintaining lists of pillars and related structures.

Or on Waymarking try U.K. and Ireland Trigpoints

All the marks currently in the Groundspeak benchmark database are in the United States.

Many of us would like to see this database expanded to include equivalent survey marks in other countries.

Considering that Groundspeak has not updated the database since it's initial creation, the inclusion of marks in other countries seems unlikely.

Can I take up Benchmarking in Northern Ireland???

Currently there is no feasible method for recording OSNI or OSI benchmarks. There has been talk of adding OSNI benchmarks to www.bench-marks.org.uk but I don't know how near this is to completion. There is a website for recording Irish trigs, and Irish trigs are also welcome on T:UK, though in many cases they'll need to be user added. Irish (including Northern Irish) trigs are included in my Trig Points POI file if it's of any interest.

Edited by agentmancuso