cashing found without GPS

I (came acroSS)found a box at :-

latitude 50;7;8.85000000000581

longitude 5;23;43.4099999999999

Thats what the co-ordinates on my camera read : (on the computer when i returned "home")

www.theanswer.webfreehosting.net

look for STH7_77.jpg - in list.

Make sure you use headphones if you access other files on there- ur quite welcome to.

- the above line has been inserted to give you more of an experience.

S.T.H. /// St.=my name: H.arold= my late father?

please note:

U will be richer if u find this:

U will not be rich if u find this.

Both above statements are true.

Question when is "copper" not a copper. - u will find out when u visit "the box".

Hi, welcome to these forums...

I'm not sure what the box was that you found - Did it say it was a geocache? Was there any other information? The info about headphones and odd questions are not typical contents of a geocache, nor is the website address.

I put those co-ordinates you gave into Mapit and it gave me back N50 37.899 W001 56.330 (This is the format used for geocaches). That location is a trig point, near Ballard Point, north of Swanage. Is that where you found the box?

It's a bit of a mystery so far...

MrsB

I'm not sure what the box was that you found - Did it say it was a geocache? Was there any other information? The info about headphones and odd questions are not typical contents of a geocache, nor is the website address.

I put those co-ordinates you gave into Mapit and it gave me back N50 37.899 W001 56.330 (This is the format used for geocaches). That location is a trig point, near Ballard Point, north of Swanage. Is that where you found the box?

MrsB

I am not quite sure how Mrs B came up with these co-ordinates from those given by the OP!!! If you use the co-ordinates as degrees, minutes and seconds and assume the longitude as being west then this cache is very close by. As the picture referred to, in the OP, shows S.T. H and this cache mentions St Hilary... The question is, did the OP find the "box" in Cornwall?

Edited to add: If you go into Google Street View at the OP's co-ordinates and follow the road north you ca see the boundary marker quite clearly.

Edited by Master Mariner

:lol::D:P

I just copied/pasted the co-ords from the OP into this link... Magic Mapit... and that's what came out the other end!

Maybe it didn't like me putting the two strings of numbers in together... :unsure:

MrsB

Edit: OK, I've just had the "magic" bit explained to me... and removed some excess semi-colons and stuff... and it's given me a more sensible answer now... 'twas my fault - a case of "garbage in, garbage out" etc... ummm... yes, St Hilary... right... We were down that way a couple of weeks ago... as you were!

:D

Edited by The Blorenges

MrsB

millpool nr. goldsithney cornwall.

ps my website has been closed down on me

here is the link- zoom out.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=

214426673636778629709.0004a2c0944841e37f501.

MrsB

millpool nr. goldsithney cornwall.

ps my website has been closed down on me

here is the link- zoom out.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=

214426673636778629709.0004a2c0944841e37f501.

I worked the coordinates out (without seeing Master Mariner's post :mad:) getting N50 07.148 W005 23.724 just south of Millpool, nearest cache as shown in Master Mariner's link.