I feel like a jerk...

I think the people who get mad about the NA logs would get just as mad about NRA logs as those same people to get a little testy about NM logs as well. There are just some people who are going to be touchy about their cache being singled out.

In the geocide case, there were 2 DNFs then 3 NMs in 10 months. None of those logs got the COs attention until the NA which got an immediate response/over-reaction that same day. Does anyone see a downside to changing NA to NRA (or RAN)?

Yes my post was a bit bitter. And yes you need thick skin on this forum. But the point was that a person asked a legit question looking for an answer. Most were helpful, one was rude. Calling people names such as "cache cop" is not right. The OP had done nothing like you describe as a "cache cop". So they didnt deserve the title. If it was "kinda vague", he could have asked a question to clear it up. Neither the OP nor I have ever acted like a "cache cop" by simply asking for help from more experienced members. New members dont know they need thick skin on this forum, actually I was quite surprised when I joined just how thick skinned you must be in here considering this is just a game. As a member of many other forums, this one can be the most harsh by far. Especially to noobs.

I can think of far worse phrases than "cache cop". It's simply a descriptive term...not the personal insult you seem to think it is. Chill, brah.

Does anyone see a downside to changing NA to NRA (or RAN)?

I don't see an upside to it. I agree that people who get upset about NA would get upset about anything that brings a reviewer in and forces them to address concerns. If there ever were any rules to the game, there needs to be a container with a signable logsheet and if the CO won't meet those requirements, then the reviewers need to "put their a** to the fire" so to speak so that either the CO fixes the problem or lets the cache get archived. Simple.

I had the same question once, and wasnt sure what to do. So I asked. I got good advise from several people. And insulted by Harry Dolphin. He called me the "cache police", or something similar to what he called you, and offered no helpful advise. That is one of the big reasons I am not on these forums much. For a "family friendly" game I am often surprised at the rude, indifferent, snide comments posted by a few of the members. Just ignore the useless remarks and focus on those who are willing to help without criticizing you for having doubts from being new to the game. This is the tread I am refering to.. http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=248247&st=0&p=4315731&fromsearch=1entry4315731

Ny issue was resolved, with help from a few good members and some patience. I did not feel like a jerk for long as both the caches in question were indeed gone. One has recently been restored. And I did it all without any help from a harry dolphin.

Ach. You ask for help. You don't like the help you get, you get insulting??? Yet, I never insulted you. And, you carry this vitriol for a year? I never called you a cache cop. I suggested that if you want to get a cache archived, the least you could do is to look for it, and log a DNF. Otherwise, there are people who might call you a cache cop. So, I have no idea what your problem is. Oh, well. Try having some fun! It's good.

Hyperbole??? You went looking for 'a couple of' caches with 'about' 25 DNFs? Outside of the cache on another thread where a group of seventeen cachers all DNFed the same cache, I've never heard of such a thing!

So, credibiliy aside, one wonders why you wasted your time?

A month is not a long time for a CO to be away. And a few DNFs is not necessarily a reason for a CO to run out anc check on a chace. Oh, that's right, you're talking about caches with 25 DNFs?

Yeah. I'd say that you have all the makings of a Cache Cop.

Try having fun!

#1 I said that there ARE a couple of caches where I am from that have about 25 DNFs. YES this happens. Perhaps you live in perfect geocaching land where all caches are never abandoned or forgotten. What a great place to live smarty pants. I happen to live in the woods where people come and go often and I am not surprised to find caches that have been abandoned and no one bothers to look for them anymore because of the MANY DNFs. I am very happy that you have "never heard of such a thing" because it goes to show that most cachers take care of their caches.

#2 Credibility aside? Who are you to call my "credibility" into question? Did you happen to research my area and perhaps FIND the two caches I was speaking of? I doubt it. I "wasted" my time because, as I said in the original post that I generally do not research before going out to check to make sure it has been found in the last few MONTHS or even DAYS. I just grab my stuff and go. I can generally find caches with ease, these are the most extreme ones that I am talking about.

#3 I agree that a month is not a long time for a cache owner to be away which is why I generally do NOT post an archive. I have literally posted TWO archive requests, ever. Do not ASSUME that I do this for every DNF that is out there. As always I am having fun! :) Even right now.

#4 As you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine. I very well may be a cache cop, but at least the cachers in my area will have perfect caches everytime they go now won't they?

#5 Thank you for your comment and I will take your concerns into consideration the next time I go caching with my badge in hand!

Oh goody! I get to enumerate?!? (Okay. That was sarcastic. <_< )

#1 You have been looking for a 'couple of caches with 25 DNFs. I'd love to see the GC numbers of 'somewhere between two and five' (a couple) caches with 25 DNFs each. Care to share? Or were you being hyperbolic, instead of specific? One cache with 17, one with 8, one with 3? Specificity works far better than generalization. "Smarty pants"?

#2) Oh, you meant two with 25 DNFs each? Sorry. I see far too many people coming in to the fora using hyperbole. "Millions". "Every Cache". Things like that. Specificity rather than generalizations leads to credibility Got GC numbers. I am very curious. Does sound like a fun way to go geocaching, though. Glad you're having fun.

#3)Good. People do have other things to be concerned about for a month or two (at times.)

#4) I did not call you a cache cop. I said you have the making for it. If you're going to create a perfect environment for cachers in your area, where every cache is in perfect condition, with no DNFS... umm... then ... umm...

#5) Read carefully. I did not call you a cache cop. And 'cache cop' is far better than "cache NAZI'. Not a good word to use in many parts of the country. Though the younger generations do not have the memories of the older generations.

#6) Good. Go out and have fun! Hide the badge.