Pocket Query get no images unlike gpx dl

I searched the forums but didn't see an answer so I'll put it out there for you all. Before I knew about the pocket queries I'd use the browser plug-in to manually suck the gpx files onto my gps. I noticed that it also grabbed the images that were in the listing as well. That was pretty cool to have the images in the listing on the gps unit.

Then I discovered the PQs and set one up to grab all the geocaches on Oahu. However, the zip file only contains the main gpx file and the attached waypoints gpx file. It'd be nice to get the images too in some way. Does anyone know how? Or is it that you only get the images when using the plug-in to download individual caches, which would be time consuming to get all 760+ on Oahu?

That for any help! :grin:

Additional info:

I use an Apple laptop.

I have a Magellan GC

Plug-in is the Magellan Communicator.

Pocket Queries are made here rather than any 3rd party site of software.

I searched the forums but didn't see an answer so I'll put it out there for you all. Before I knew about the pocket queries I'd use the browser plug-in to manually suck the gpx files onto my gps. I noticed that it also grabbed the images that were in the listing as well. That was pretty cool to have the images in the listing on the gps unit.

Then I discovered the PQs and set one up to grab all the geocaches on Oahu. However, the zip file only contains the main gpx file and the attached waypoints gpx file. It'd be nice to get the images too in some way. Does anyone know how? Or is it that you only get the images when using the plug-in to download individual caches, which would be time consuming to get all 760+ on Oahu?

If they were all included, the PQ files would be huge.

If each cache had an average of 5KB worth of images, you'd be looking at 3.8MB just for the images - which would probably triple the size of those PQs. Multiply by tens of thousands of premium members and storage requirements go through the roof for Groundspeak.

Plus, images may be sourced from servers not owned by Groundspeak. Now the PQ generator would have to go download all those, which may not be appreciated.

I use GSAK (I'm a Mac too, so I'm using XP in VMWare) which has a handy "grab all images" function to download those cache images for offline use.