Anyone up for a photoshoot?

Oofy

Thanks for all the replies to my enquiry about the Saga Magazine piece.

They would like to do a photoshoot and, even though I suspect most of us probably cache in ones and twos, they want to have a photographer take shots of a group of cachers who are 50 or over.

As long as the weather isn't too miserable, this would be on Saturday 2nd April, probably late morning or early afternoon. Is anyone up for it? I guess it'll be a good chance to meet others.

They want to go somewhere with a great view. I'm based in south west London right by the A3. Although I haven't been cacheing on Box Hill, that struck me as being a decent spot and, reading the logs, the dwarves series there sounds interesting and, even if there's a problem with one cache, we should still be okay.

Clearly one of the problems with Box Hill is the word "hill". Even when I was rather younger, I remember it wasn't just a gentle stroll. If anyone knows somewhere else with a great outlook around there, or perhaps down the A3 not far outside the M25, do let me know.

In an ideal world, there'd be a cache with glorious views close to a parking spot without not too much of an incline. If we do end up going to Box Hill, I have been asked to point out that the pace will be dictated by the photographer. Little do they realise it might be me who can't keep up!

I do hope there might be some people who'd like to join us and that this is a sensible way to ask.

Have been mulling making it an event, as suggested, but given the problems over my recent "commercial venture?" post, I'm a little nervous. After all, Saga Magazine definitely is a commercial venture so surely it would – rightly – fall foul of the rule.

So maybe I'll just wait a few days and see how many are keen to come along. Think we have three at the moment. Hope a few more would like to meet up.

Have been mulling making it an event, as suggested, but given the problems over my recent "commercial venture?" post, I'm a little nervous. After all, Saga Magazine definitely is a commercial venture so surely it would – rightly – fall foul of the rule.

So maybe I'll just wait a few days and see how many are keen to come along. Think we have three at the moment. Hope a few more would like to meet up.

I think you missed the "window of opportunity" for an event as they have to have a minimum of two weeks notice but good luck with the venture. I posted a link to it on my facebook profile yesterday to spread the word a bit - Might be an idea to post about it in the SECaching forum too.

Good luck with it :)

MrsB

We're going to meet for the Saga photoshoot at the Burford Bridge Car Park on the A24, just north of Dorking, at 11am on Saturday 2nd April.

Anyone is welcome, though for Saga's purposes, having a few who are over 50 would be great. And I guess it would be best if it wasn't exclusively male.

I don't imagine the photographer is going to hang around longer than needed, so we'll all then be free to get on with the caching.

Feel free to email me if you'd like to come and we can exchange details. I look forward to meeting some of you then.

Current forecast is decent, after a few days of rain.