TB Drops

FLGRL

I physically placed my very first TB in my first cache, but apparently I forgot to drop it into my cache from the cache page. I made posted note on the cache page I was dropping a TB and someone grabbed it from the cache. Now its gone over 2000 miles on its first trip, but that mileage isn't showing up on the TB page. Are there any suggestions on how I can get those miles recorded? I thought about emailing the current holder and asking them to drop it in one of my other caches and pull it out...or I can grab it from them, drop it and they can pull it out. I'm open to suggestions...I'd just like to see the mileage since its my first one...

Wait until they place it in a cache -- "grab" it -- use a "note" log and use a "visit" at the first cache (your starting point) making sure that you use the correct placement date -- return it to the cache you grabbed it at and drop it there. Done.

EDIT: On the TB page, you may wish to have the mileage "recalculated". Find that option in the drop-down box that is defaulted as "mark an item missing"

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

You could double your mileage (like the airlines sometimes do) if you just grab it, visit your cache that day and then return it. Some might consider that inappropriate but nobody's looking, go for it.

That's it, when someone asks how it fix it just tell them to get their freak on.

I always recommend waiting until the bug is sitting in a cache to do the back-logging otherwise you'll have to coordinate this with the current holder, which is fine but..eh, it's just more work. You can fix this at any time so I suggest waiting.

Retrieve the bug from the current cache using the current date.

Post a Note on the original cache with the date it was placed and Drop the bug. You can delete the cache Note at this point and it won't affect the bug tracking.

Retrieve the bug post-dated.

Post a Note on the current cache using the current date and drop the bug. (Delete the cache Note)

Now access the bug page and delete the logs that show you Retrieving and Dropping the bug in the current cache. This way it'll show the last logger did the Drop.

After all this hit the recalculate button on the TB page.

3bd5a0bc-28c7-4c1b-9293-d61c4aab9185.jpg

Please let me know if I need to clarify anything.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I always recommend waiting until the bug is sitting in a cache to do the back-logging otherwise you'll have to coordinate this with the current holder, which is fine but..eh, it's just more work. You can fix this at any time so I suggest waiting.

Retrieve the bug from the current cache using the current date.

Post a Note on the original cache with the date it was placed and Drop the bug. You can delete the cache Note at this point and it won't affect the bug tracking.

Retrieve the bug post-dated.

Post a Note on the current cache using the current date and drop the bug. (Delete the cache Note)

Now access the bug page and delete the logs that show you Retrieving and Dropping the bug in the current cache. This way it'll show the last logger did the Drop.

After all this hit the recalculate button on the TB page.

3bd5a0bc-28c7-4c1b-9293-d61c4aab9185.jpg

Please let me know if I need to clarify anything.

The original cache where it started is now archived...can I still drop it in there to start the mileage?

Yes, unless the cache is locked by gc.com (which would be for highly improper activity)

When you post a Note on the cache just explain simply what you are doing and that you will delete the Note.

The original cache where it started is now archived...can I still drop it in there to start the mileage?

Yes, unless the cache is locked by gc.com (which would be for highly improper activity)

When you post a Note on the cache just explain simply what you are doing and that you will delete the Note.

I only want the true mileage the bug traveled, I don't want to 'double' the miles (thats kinda cheating) :D So I understand the post, thank you for the step by step to get this done.

"true mileage" .... that would require the cacher who took your TB to keep a log of the roads he took... :laughing:

o... and aren't those TB's produced in China or so? Why don't they have a cache there and start logging from the factory? :grin:

Interesting... I had a bug grabbed from me before I could log it in the cache I had placed it, but since I'm not the owner I don't think I should attempt to correct the mileage. I'll just post a note with my pictures when I find my camera again.

You could, but I would let the owner worry about whether or not it should be fix. Shoot them an email and ask if they do.