Sample Coins

Theotokos

I have some old samples of my Personal coin. The top row is actually an error that the mint made the first time around as they did not make the crown of thorns in 3D but rather just flat. The bottom is of the design we used but some of the metals were not made by the mint. The original minting was in Antique gold, silver, copper and a single shiny gold (wish I had that one now)

So I've been needing to trim my collection a bit (and also make a few bucks) and was wondering if sample coins have any worth or are they something most folks don't care much for? If I'm going to bring my coin foot print down in size I would rather try with some of my samples first. I may take a chance and list them on ebay and so would these be considered rare or not?

scan0003.jpg

Edited by Theotokos

I think sample coins can be a bit hit and miss.

If it was a really popular design, then the sample coins could be worth quite a bit, especially if in a metal/s that were not part of the actual release. At this point I don't think trackability affects the value.

(I was going to say that your Tracking Numbers were showing, but realised that they weren't valid Tracking Numbers) :laughing: