Update eXplorist GC

Just got my eXplorist GC, but it came with original software version 1.0. Is there any way to update it using a Mac, or will I have to borrow someone else's PC?

By the way, concerning the free trial membership that came with the unit, I punched in the code and it said that I now have a 30 day trial, but it still says I am a basic member. <_<:unsure::blink::huh:

Edited by Dr.Trenton

It says you are a premium member now.

What software do you refer to?

I transfer caches to my ExploristGC using Pocket Queries from GC.com, then just plug the ExploristGC into a USB port, where it acts like an extra drive. Drag the .gpx files to the Geocache file folder and the -wpts.gpx file to the waypoints folder.

It's really weird, because it says I'm a premium member in the forums, but not on geocaching.com... I know it's not working cause it won't let me build pocket queries.

I'm referring to the GPSr's software. People say that the later updates for this GPS make it perform FAR better than the version it comes with.

Oh, and the Magellan communicator is not working for Safari or Firefox. I installed the software it said I needed, and then it says it can't find it.

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it!

I have a mac running the current version of snow leopard and the current version of Safari. I installed the magellan communicator and it was found and works fine. Did you tell the installer to install only for you, or for all accounts on your mac? I selected the all accounts option.

Yeah I did the all accounts option. Not sure why it doesn't find it.

What if you go in to Disk Utility and have it repair permissions. Maybe one folder has a wrong permission for either the installer or the plug-in. Then give reinstalling a try after that. I know it is a long shot, but hey.