Anybody in Marysville want to "school" some newbies?

2nd Son

Hello!

My husband and I are new to Marysville and new to geocaching. We have found a few and have not been able to find a few too! We would like to learn more about geocaching and maybe go on a few hunts with someone that actually knows what they're doing. Anybody in this area want to help us out?

Thanks!

I am sorry you are not getting any replys. I don't live in Marysville but wanted to point out there are many cachers that never visit the forums. Maybe you could e-mail some of the owners of the cachers where you have found caches in Marysville and request their advice.

I am sorry you are not getting any replys. I don't live in Marysville but wanted to point out there are many cachers that never visit the forums. Maybe you could e-mail some of the owners of the cachers where you have found caches in Marysville and request their advice.

Thank you for the great idea. We will do that. We have made contact with a group in Renton, but it's a little far to go.

I was going to suggest attending an event cache so you could get to know some of your local cachers. Unfortunately there are none listed in your area right now. The only one I could find was February 26 in Everett.

Thank you for the thought :) I have looked for those as well. I'm sure we'll eventually get in contact with some locals. With as many cahes as there are around we're bound to meet someone.

There are quite a few cachers up your way (Marysville / Snohomish), and I also see some nearby events coming up, including ones in Lynnwood, Monroe, Everett, and Pilchuck Tree Farm. All those are closer than Renton, fer shure. You can always check upcoming WA state events here.

I also suggest contacting FluteFace, the WSGA Chapter Rep for your area. She is well-known among local cachers and organizes many of the events up that way, including last month's Hey Sailor event in Everett.

Hope to meet you at an event soon!

Edited by hydnsek

I was going to suggest attending an event cache so you could get to know some of your local cachers. Unfortunately there are none listed in your area right now. The only one I could find was February 26 in Everett.

Thank you for the thought :) I have looked for those as well. I'm sure we'll eventually get in contact with some locals. With as many cahes as there are around we're bound to meet someone.

Go chase some FTF's and you will meet the locals fast!

There are quite a few cachers up your way (Marysville / Snohomish), and I also see some nearby events coming up, including ones in Lynnwood, Monroe, Everett, and Pilchuck Tree Farm. All those are closer than Renton, fer shure. You can always check upcoming WA state events here.

I also suggest contacting FluteFace, the WSGA Chapter Rep for your area. She is well-known among local cachers and organizes many of the events up that way, including last month's Hey Sailor event in Everett.

Hope to meet you at an event soon!

We will definitely go to an event....it looks like there's a lot to do. I will also contact FluteFace. Thank you for the info!

Go chase some FTF's and you will meet the locals fast!

I am looking forward to racing to be FTF!

Just thought I'd give a quick update. We did go to a geocaching 101 class, unfortunately a little too far to go on a regular basis. We also received great help from a cacher. We've even ran into a few people while we've been out on the hunt! We are starting to get the hang of this and are really having a great time. Thank you all for your advice and help.