Glassine coin bags

2bugs

I am busily adding new coins to my available list. Dropped another 110 coins into the list of coins for sale. In the process I ran out of the little 2x2 poly bags I am accustomed to using. A quick trip to the specialty paper store and I discoverd 2x2 glassine bags, the perfect coin envelope, IMHO. The bags are clear as glass and neutral PH. Stamp collectors use them. Pretty cheap, too. 100 for $2.50. Problem is they are very hard to find. Forget Office Depot. Here's the best place: <commercial link removed by moderator>. The code for the bags is B2X2E.

I bought a large quantity to get the discount. My plan is to include a Freebie 100 pack of bags on large coin orders. They are great if you display your coins in compartment style bead boxes you can find at Michael's

Edited by Eartha

I am currently using SAFLIPs but I would like to look at other storage methods. Are they advertised as being archival quality for metal as well as paper? Just because they don't harm stamps doesn't mean that they won't harm coins. If they are safe for metal, I could see myself buying some.

the web page says the bags are acid free and lignin free. I will ask them if they are considered archival quality for metal. I would suspect so. The nice part for me is the bags are crystal clear. When I am searching for a coin, even when in alphabetic order, it is much easier to recognise it. With 2000+ coins, it is sometimes difficult to find the one I'm looking for and since all my coins are for sale, I am digging through the pile regularly. this is a big plus.

I am currently using SAFLIPs but I would like to look at other storage methods. Are they advertised as being archival quality for metal as well as paper? Just because they don't harm stamps doesn't mean that they won't harm coins. If they are safe for metal, I could see myself buying some.

I am busily adding new coins to my available list. Dropped another 110 coins into the list of coins for sale. In the process I ran out of the little 2x2 poly bags I am accustomed to using. A quick trip to the specialty paper store and I discoverd 2x2 glassine bags, the perfect coin envelope, IMHO. The bags are clear as glass and neutral PH. Stamp collectors use them. Pretty cheap, too. 100 for $2.50. Problem is they are very hard to find. Forget Office Depot. Here's the best place: <commercial link removed by moderator>. The code for the bags is B2X2E.

I bought a large quantity to get the discount. My plan is to include a Freebie 100 pack of bags on large coin orders. They are great if you display your coins in compartment style bead boxes you can find at Michael's

I was going to ask you where you got those! I really like them!

Edited by Eartha

Do you leave the coins in the flips from the mint. I have been told my a numismatic collector those flips are horrid for metal. Just wondering? Any possibility of a photo for what you are talking about. Thank you.

Edited by Eartha

Do you leave the coins in the flips from the mint. I have been told my a numismatic collector those flips are horrid for metal. Just wondering? Any possibility of a photo for what you are talking about. Thank you.

Not sure why the edit from Eartha - Eartha would you mind telling me the problem. Tks.

Not sure why the edit from Eartha - Eartha would you mind telling me the problem. Tks.

I think she took out a link in one of the posts you quoted :)