HOW DO YOU DELETE POSTS/TOPICS?

jacob501

This is really bothering me! I can't figure out how to delete my posts and my topics that I havea posted. What if I don't want them on here anymore??? Shouldn't I have the right to take them down any time I want???

no delete, no closing threads (without moderator help). You can edit it (within 1 hour) to delete the text but the blank post remains.

Keeps the ill-willed from trying to create trouble and then slink away.

The link to the Forum Guidelines is up there, over to the right.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

11. Any messages you post in these discussion forums will remain available to the public for as long as this discussion board is online. Once you have posted your message, it will stay online. Please post carefully and with due consideration to the content of your post. We will not edit the content you wrote unless it does not conform to the forum guidelines. In the unlikely event that we do edit your post and you do not like the changes, we can delete the message at your request.

It's like talking really - sometimes we wish we could retract what was said, but that isn't possible either. On a local forum a sock puppet who was a real trouble maker and PITA used to delete her obnoxious text, so the rest of us just quoted her comments so they couldn't disappear. That was when she was on the 5th or 6th "reincarnation."

I assume that anything I post anywhere on the web is there for keeps, and post accordingly.