Accumulation of favorites get off kilter?

Nighthawk700

When Favorites first came out, and for a while afterward, I would always earn a new favorite at intervals of 10. 700, 710, 720, etc. Then something happened, and I started getting it at 1's, 731, 741. Then at 2's. I just entered 4 new caches today, and it went to 3's right in the middle of it! (when I was at 830, it said I had two more caches before I earn another point, then I logged another cache (#831), and it said I have two more caches before I earn another point! I checked (via GSAK), and I don't have ANY caches that I logged more than once. I didn't log any of my own caches. Any suggestions as to what might have happened here?

(hope this is the right place, I couldn't think of where else this might fit).

Thanks.

Did you log any of those caches more than once?

From the Knowledgebase:

My Favorite Points total doesn't seem to match my find count. Why?

Only the first "Found it!" log (or the equivalent "smiley" log for Webcam and Event Caches) posted to the cache page counts toward your total Favorite Points; duplicate finds are not calculated. Finds on caches that you own are also not included. The result is that your Favorite Points count may be slightly less than 10% of your total geocache finds.

From the Knowledgebase:

Only the first "Found it!" log (or the equivalent "smiley" log for Webcam and Event Caches) posted to the cache page counts toward your total Favorite Points; duplicate finds are not calculated. Finds on caches that you own are also not included. The result is that your Favorite Points count may be slightly less than 10% of your total geocache finds.

As I said in my original post, I don't have ANY caches that I logged more than once. I ran it through GSAK to make sure. And I said I didn't log any of my own caches. And also, it just pushed ahead yet again at a cache I was logging. The cache before and the cache afterward were both totally new caches for me. I never logged even a note or DNF on them. Hmmm, now that gets the wheels in my head spinning a little bit. I did put a note (bug drop) on a different geocache that I found, then deleted the note. But I didn't log a second "Found it" on it, it was just a note, and as I said, I deleted it. Hmmmmm....

From the Knowledgebase:

Mine are out of whack too. Probably have been since they were rolled out.

Didn't say anything about it because I don't care.

I have found exactly 937 caches and that is what my Profile shows.

My Profile also indicates: Logs Until Next Favorite Point: 8

Doesn't add up.

Edited by Cardinal Red

When Favorites first came out, and for a while afterward, I would always earn a new favorite at intervals of 10. 700, 710, 720, etc. Then something happened, and I started getting it at 1's, 731, 741. Then at 2's. I just entered 4 new caches today, and it went to 3's right in the middle of it! (when I was at 830, it said I had two more caches before I earn another point, then I logged another cache (#831), and it said I have two more caches before I earn another point! I checked (via GSAK), and I don't have ANY caches that I logged more than once. I didn't log any of my own caches. Any suggestions as to what might have happened here?

(hope this is the right place, I couldn't think of where else this might fit).

Thanks.

I don't think it's supposed to be this way. Probaly a bug. :sad:

the count is out of whack completely, not that it matters for those of us that have plenty to spare

we cache as family under different accounts and we always go together so there is no discrepancy in number of finds

so technically when my better half earns a favorite point i should too...well that is not the case, for some reason i am two behind